Forum Replies Created

Page 211 of 315
  • Herb Sevush

    April 4, 2012 at 4:19 pm in reply to: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

    [Jeremy Garchow] “Canon has.”

    Which, among other things, is what helps explain their enduring preeminence in the video industry. When I see the Canon logo on a video camera, as opposed to the lens, I know it’s a big time production.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    April 4, 2012 at 4:02 pm in reply to: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

    [Jeremy Garchow] “There is no “reel” field in the FCPXML”

    You don’t need “reel” names since tape is dead, haven’t you heard?

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    April 4, 2012 at 2:46 am in reply to: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

    [Jeremy Garchow] “720p does it right now, today.”

    Yes, I shoot 720P60 all the time, but as far as I know it’s never broadcast that way, it’s always converted to 1080i for broadcast, throwing out half the temporal information. What I’m talking about is 4KP60, in a theater.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    April 4, 2012 at 2:06 am in reply to: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

    [Bill Davis] “I’m the contrarian here often, but I’m not convinced that 3D is ever going to be much more than a solution looking for a problem “

    Here I totally agree with you. However increased frame rates – shooting 60 fps and viewing at 60 (showscan was the early prototype) as well as 4K viewing will use all the bandwidth modern systems can handle. But,as you stated, 3D for home TV viewing, as opposed to gaming, is the quadrophonic sound of the 21st century.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    April 3, 2012 at 11:01 pm in reply to: NAB Editing Showings.

    [Bill Davis] “Now if someone will just mention nazis – then we’ll have achieved the perfect trifecta of dumb newsgroup arguing.”

    I was sorta thinking the same thing myself so I came up with these alternatives.

    [Bill Davis] “Actually it couldn’t have gone any better. It’s all everyone here has talked about here for the entire year, after all! “I don’t care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right.” variously attributed to folks from May West to Mark Twain et al.”

    How did that work out for:

    Jeffrey Dommer
    Casey Anthony
    Anthony Weiner
    Eliot Spitzer
    Jerry Sandusky

    See, no nazi’s or war criminals, although I do list some murderers, pedophiles and sex offenders, which is probably overdoing it when talking metaphorically about last June, although I wouldn’t have thought so then. Time does, it seems, heal most wounds.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [David Roth Weiss] ” take a look at the new ProMAX ONE. You’ll want one…”

    DRW, is this a hackintosh?

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Craig Seeman] “Thunderbolt, which permeates their product line (sans MacPro) is important and, IMHO, a “professional” interface.”

    I have never heard or read anything anywhere on this forum that implied that Tbolt was not a professional interface.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    April 2, 2012 at 4:58 pm in reply to: NAB Editing Showings.

    “So at this year’s NAB Show, they will highlight CS 5.5, a significant mid-cycle release …”

    Either the veracity of this article is in question or Adobe is gonna have a lot of egg on it’s face if they aren’t showing off CS6.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Craig Seeman] “Thunderbolt support is happening on the Windows side as well as Acer, Asus, Lenovo announced support.”

    Which of course make’s hash out of your original post that started this thread, in which you implied that Tektronix’s release was further proof that Apple was not giving up on the pro market.

    “Apparently there’s very high demand for these amongst “consumers” since there’s nothing “pro” about Apple products since they’ve abandoned that market ;-)”

    If Thunderbolt is no longer the sole province of Apple, then Tbolt peripherals are no longer sure indicators of what Apple is doing.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Craig Seeman] “Seems they believe manufactures are willing to invest in testing given anticipated demand for Thunderbolt peripherals.”

    Or maybe it’s just like the Baselight release, something long in development that was started well before it became obvious that Apple has changed direction. The question is whether they would have started this sort of product development today.

    See Craig, I can always find a negative way to view something — it’s just a talent I guess.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

Page 211 of 315

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy