Forum Replies Created

Page 208 of 315
  • Herb Sevush

    April 17, 2012 at 4:45 pm in reply to: Opitical Thunderbolt cables. On a Thinkpad.

    [Jeremy Garchow] “Am I wrong to think that this might be cool?”

    It’s very cool. And as they say, horses for courses.

    [Jeremy Garchow] “What I thought most intriguing about Smoke was that they are actually developing for this type of future on OSX, and that’s what interests me. I know it doesn’t interest you.”

    I’m interested, I simply won’t give Autodesk any of more of my money.

    [Jeremy Garchow] ” We can then have the ATTO Thunderbolt to Fibre hookups right in the noisy CPU room”

    I’ll be very interested to hear how this works out for you. To me this is the crux of it, can Tbolt handle PCIe raids as well as internal cards. If they can, then I don’t need a tower, and I have some real options in the OSX world.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    April 17, 2012 at 3:43 pm in reply to: Opitical Thunderbolt cables. On a Thinkpad.

    [Darren Durbin] “This is the exact reason I prefer having individual devices. If anything is going to fail, it’s nearly always a PSU.”

    If either my raid or my workstation is down I’m not working, so I see no advantage in having them powered separately. With everything in 1 unit you can keep 1 backup PSU on hand instead of 2.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    April 17, 2012 at 3:19 pm in reply to: Opitical Thunderbolt cables. On a Thinkpad.

    [Jeremy Garchow] “Maybe I’m being naive, but isn’t Thunderbolt going to change computing/peripherals?”

    AS for me, if I could undo my purchases of the last year which included a new high speed raid and an external LTO5 drive, I would be all over the ProMaxx One PC workstation, which has an internal 6 disk hardware raid, an internal LTO5 drive and 4 boot drives that can be swapped out externally. This would put everything I need in 1 box with 1 power supply and 1 set of fans. Brillinat idea and the exact opposite of the daisy chained jumbled cable Tbolt future you apparently long for.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    April 16, 2012 at 9:42 pm in reply to: Happy Anniversary!

    [Tim Wilson] ” Now we have less idea than ever what to call it”

    If it ain’t broke …

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    April 14, 2012 at 3:44 am in reply to: Questions for CS6

    Oliver –

    Have you had a chance to actually play around with PPro, or were you going from a list of specs?

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    April 13, 2012 at 4:46 am in reply to: Questions for CS6

    [Dennis Radeke] “Come to the AENY.org group in May and I hope to be there showing a lot of CS6”

    I’m shooting in Boston for most of May, but hopefully not on the day of your meeting. Schedule permitting, I’ll see you there.

    Thanks and have a great NAB.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    April 12, 2012 at 8:07 pm in reply to: Questions for CS6

    [Dennis Radeke] “are there some questions around CS6 versions of Premiere Pro”

    Where when and how can I get a demo in the NYC area.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Kevin Monahan] “While not perfect, multicam workflow has certainly improved over CS5.5. I’d love to see your feature requests:”

    I’ve written about this many times but the basic rule is that everything I can do with a normal clip I should be able to do with a multiclip – match frame, trim, insert/overwrite to the timeline, audio edits from any channel independent of video (to name a few) – in addition to the obvious multicam features of being able to choose camera angles and audio sources. Along with that it is very helpful to have sync indicators between the audio and the multiclip.

    [Kevin Monahan] “It’s only the first tutorial, many are coming.”

    One of the basics left out of the tutorial is how it deals with discontinuous shots; Cam A shoots for 5 minutes, Cam B shoots five 20 second clips during that time – will the multiclip be able to sync the cam-b shots all as one angle, or will it need 5 different angles to handle it. This is a basic feature and neither the demos nor the PDFs give any clue.

    I guess the problem is that most of the tutorials are focused on teaching a novice. I need to get my hands on it to see how it functions for me. Unfortunately I can’t get to NAB this year.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Jeremy Garchow] ” Here’s a multicam tutorial:”

    Well that was a totally uninspiring tutorial. Based on that demo I have no idea if it’s a usable feature or not. The plus is unlimited angles. The negatives, so far, are a fairly complex setup procedure and the need for a dedicated “record” window. I’m hoping there is a lot more depth than what was shown here.

    It would be nice for some company to understand that a multicam demo featuring a music video is incredibly uninformative to an experienced multicam editor – music cut downs are the easiest thing in the world to do and don’t demonstrate, at all, the depth and complexity of a multicam feature. Sheesh, that was depressing.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Bill Davis] “is looking for clues about unannounced tech products in promotional photos the modern era equivalent of primitive people trying to devine the future by reading the “entrails” of various animals?”

    As always Bill, I’m with you on that one. In less than a week we’ll know what’s up, I can wait.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

Page 208 of 315

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy