Forum Replies Created

Page 122 of 315
  • This is a missing post that got sent to my e-mail on this now corrupted thread. This is partly a test and partly an attempt to resume this particular conversation.

    Forum: Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate
    User Name: Andy Branner
    Post Subject: Re: PVC: Why Manuela returned to FCP after loving Premiere Pro CS6?

    ————————————————–

    [Herb Sevush] “I don’t have to worry because Legacy can handle it as well. Which means what exactly?”

    That you have no clue what you’re rambling about. As usual.

    But nice to see we don’t have to abandon hope of the “post pissing” stalker’s formidable insight for THIS thread either in all matters of FCP X. In the forum for the software he’s never seen outside of a screenshot. Ready to continue on his consistently childish, raging crusade against any and everything Apple FCP, Andy and potential threat to his dwindling existence as an elitist, all knowing “pro” blowhard.

    *applause*

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    November 12, 2013 at 8:20 pm in reply to: This forum’s threads are getting corrupted

    [Dave Gage] “I see 7 also including the original post. I did have problems though a few days ago with the “Winning Awards With Final Cut Pro X at Tech TV” thread said it had over 60 posts, but I only saw 4 of them.”

    This is the same problem as on that other thread, only I’m catching it now as it’s happening.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    November 12, 2013 at 8:14 pm in reply to: This forum’s threads are getting corrupted

    [Steve Connor] “They are showing up fine on my system”

    How many posts do you see in that thread. I see 7, but I have had at least 10 sent to my e-mail.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Craig Seeman] ” A professional NLE should be able to handle this especially if turn around is tight. There’s been enough reports of newspapers (professional for profit ones) and the like moving to such devices.”

    According to the article this is a problem for FiLMiC Pro files, not all iPad/iphone video files.

    If we are now playing the codec wars, then Legacy is now an advanced NLE and PPro and Avid are not. Until tomorrows bizzaro codec which another NLE can handle and X cannot. Let me just put it out there that if there is enough demand then both PPro and Avid will soon be able to handle FiLMiC Pro files. If not, then who cares.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Andy Branner] “Like it or not and look down your nose at it all you like (not you Craig), but THAT is the professional of today and tomorrow.”

    She may be my boss tomorrow but that doesn’t mean I’m worrying about how to incorporate iPad footage into my workflow. Oooppss – I don’t have to worry because Legacy can handle it as well. Which means what exactly?

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • New ad for FCPX –

    “If you shooting your next feature on an Ipad, FCPX is the way to go.”

    Craig, while this is an interesting bit of trivia, you’ve got to be kidding. I love the part about how this is a codec where the frame rate changes depending on the complexity of the scene – sort of the way NLE’s will vary rates when i/o is stressed. But your right, the ranking systems for video cameras is:

    1) Ari Alexa
    2) Sony F55
    3) Ipad

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    November 12, 2013 at 5:55 pm in reply to: New Mac Pro vs. PC Workstation for Premiere

    [Casey Culver] “My guess is that you’ll loose the ProRes workflow even if you stay with a Mac (at least in the traditional sense) – it’s an unnecessary step at this point for the most part.”

    There are tapeless workflows that specify ProRes. It’s hard to give up if it’s one of your deliverables. There are third party PC ProRes encoders, but it’s a separate step and not a plug in for PPro.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    November 11, 2013 at 3:22 am in reply to: Multicam, match frame and favorites

    [Jeremy Garchow] “It must take a tremendous amount of energy to be so combative.”

    Good luck with that.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    November 9, 2013 at 10:18 pm in reply to: Honestly, who cares?

    I care to the extent that I’m interested in all the different work flows editors care to talk about. I’m happy to hear, but only in great detail, about how they use X (or any other NLE). I’m getting ready to make the big change and I’m trying to learn all I can about all my options. Nothing better than having some one articulate all the reasons something is great, as long as they don’t mind me asking some questions and kicking the tires a little.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    November 8, 2013 at 2:23 pm in reply to: Better snap up those Mac Pro towers while ye may

    Nice, and it definitely looks like me, but as a grumpy old man I’ll see your Matt Groening and raise with my Herman Melville –

    “Speak not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

    Ahab

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

Page 122 of 315

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy