Forum Replies Created

Page 116 of 315
  • Herb Sevush

    December 23, 2013 at 5:18 pm in reply to: Sharing

    [Mark Raudonis] “Therefore, we maintain a logical naming system such as 1225A01CC = (Translation: December 25, A cam, 1st load, Creative Cow). If you want to rename a clip “swish pan to CU”, then put that in the notes column!”

    The importance of proper clip naming conventions cannot be stressed enough. Because of adhering to strict naming conventions I am able to get a lot more power out of the sorting and search features in FCP7. This is one of the reasons I prefer the Aja Ki-Pro to all other digital recorders – it has master control software that enables comprehensive clip naming during production over multiple recorders.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    December 23, 2013 at 2:23 pm in reply to: Anybody HAPPY?

    [Tim Wilson] “I’m the product of a mixed marriage (dad: 4th generation of Yankees fans; mom: Brooklyn Dodgers 4ever, although as the NY NL team, the Mets’ll do), and grew up idolizing the whole 50s New York scene. All you need to know about my family dynamics, though, is that the Red Sox became my favorite team. “

    Contrarian that I am, I grew up in Brooklyn in a household of Dodger fans. My first game was at Ebbets field, but somehow the glory that was Mickey Mantle moved my allegiances further north. It is a testament to my father’s love that I was not banished summarily from the house.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    December 23, 2013 at 2:17 pm in reply to: Anybody HAPPY?

    [Keith Koby] “One of the first baseball games I watched on tv was tigers vs yanks with the bird fidrich pitching.”

    I was at the stadium when the Bird beat the Yanks (i think it was two zip) in his big year. Amazing, even had the Yankee home crowd rooting for him. One of the saddest things in sports was his early demise.

    It would be good to take in a game next year, hopefully when Verlander is pitching. I have a man crush on him.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    December 23, 2013 at 2:09 pm in reply to: Sharing

    one of my all time favorite movies.

    “Princeton can use a guy like you.”

    “My name is Joel Goodson.
    I deal in human fulfillment.
    Last nite I grossed over eight thousand dollars.”

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    December 20, 2013 at 11:04 pm in reply to: Anybody HAPPY?

    [Keith Koby] “but I root for a team that had a something to celebrate vs. the yanks in duh bronx in 06, 11, and 12. “

    I’ve always liked the Tigers ever since the days of Al Kaline, which I’m guessing is a little bit before your time. 2nd best insignia in baseball –

    One of the best sports documentaries I’ve ever seen was about another Tiger great “The Life and Times of Hank Greenberg.” Well worth the watch, it’s about more than the game.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    December 20, 2013 at 9:55 pm in reply to: Anybody HAPPY?

    [Andy Field] “update 7 with 64 bit sexy charcoal-ness? They’ve already done it – it’s called Adobe Premiere CC”

    Only in my dreams. Reality – not so much.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    December 20, 2013 at 6:41 pm in reply to: Anybody HAPPY?

    “just remember the large print giveth
    and the small print taketh away”

    Nice.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    December 20, 2013 at 6:09 pm in reply to: Anybody HAPPY?

    [Tim Wilson] “Is anybody looking at this and saying, “Wow, what a great update,” or “This has exactly the features I was waiting for,” or, “This update makes me feel better about myself” — anything like that?”

    Yes, this update definitely made me feel better about myself — it filled in my bald spot, helped me drop 25 lbs, added 2 inches where it counts the most and whitened and brightened my few remaining teeth. Thank you, Cupertino. Now if only the Yanks could find a starting pitcher in addition to a couple of infielders who could hit their weight, all would be right with the world.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    December 19, 2013 at 5:04 pm in reply to: Send To Motion?

    [tony west] “I love Motion but I feel like I’m on an island.”

    Years ago a very wise editor named Ron Shook made the distinction between an editor’s compositor and gfx artist compositors, with Boris FX being an example of the former and AE the latter. The difference being that editors don’t spend their whole time compositing and need something that can deliver 80% of the features with 20% of the learning curve. I’ve always found that to be a handy distinction. I’ve found Motion to be the very best editor’s compositor I’ve ever used.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    December 19, 2013 at 4:28 pm in reply to: Send To Motion?

    [Andy Neil] “Which is Avids?”

    Boris Red, which is packaged as Adobe FX I believe.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

Page 116 of 315

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy