Aaron, you can elect to go to work or to stay home but after making either of those decisions, I can’t see where you can gripe about either of em.
Take a sick day and grab a gig you can grow with at your pace.
this is what sick days are for.
this would need to be brought up as soon as it’s mentioned, of course.
Your regular day rate is fine.
Most docs are not in the practice of paying for interviews.
I never have.
I did not read all of that but I’ll say when things become far more confusing than they have to be, you have outgrown that joint.
Selecting door number one, door number two or door number three is probably not the best way to attack your future.
you can photoshop the portal then do some cool blurs and warps in AE.
If you don’t have you shot over a keyable source, you’ll wanna animate a mask for that. With proper feathering and keyframing, it doesn’t have to be a rotoscope.
jumpbacks with an added glow is the quickest route.
If ya don’t have jumpbacks, you can animate the blue squigglies over black then put a glow over that. If you don’t have a glow pugin, you can layer blurs and brightness/saturation changes.