Forum Replies Created

Page 142 of 260
  • Grinner Hester

    March 12, 2009 at 5:59 pm in reply to: Check Was Cut-Lost-Client Now Won’t Pay

    You may a little antsy. These things happen and are very seldom a big deal. So little of a deal they probably have pushed it off till pay day.
    I don’t get stiffed as I am much more hard-headed than anyone else I do business with but I’d slow down on this one. Keep that perky happy conversation goin… call em Friday am.

  • Grinner Hester

    February 27, 2009 at 3:46 pm in reply to: Question of ethics

    while ya get what you can pay for, artists have always given what they are worth, not on their pay scale.
    As long as everyone is on the same page, all is well. I once interviewed for a job where the dude ended by telling me I was over qualified. I told him that was fine and I’d just not try very hard.

  • Grinner Hester

    February 22, 2009 at 2:16 pm in reply to: Burbank Film Permit Fees – Revisited

    Silly way to waiste some tax dollars. Did they really think they were gonna stop grandpa on vacation with his handycam?
    please.

  • Grinner Hester

    February 22, 2009 at 2:14 pm in reply to: Proving my capabilities to colleges?

    Hi Glenn. Awesome stuff, man.
    In the industry, we dazzle clients with short demo reels usually. You’ll make the same to get jobs and gigs… less than 3 minutes of your best stuff. Consider this a teaser so they’ll call you for an interview. Less is more. If you leave them wanting to see more, they will call you. If they turn it off before it’s done, prolly not.
    You won’t need this for colleges. They require tuition. 😉
    You should check out the program at Piedmont College in NC. It’s not a film school but a jr college I was able to design the ideal production and post program for. They call it the DEAT program there and it’s what birthed Blair Witch Project back in the day. Was actually turned in as a final. You can indeed land some sweet gigs with a reel like that. In that program, your reel is your final and you leave with a list of regional employers who are hip to the program.
    College is not a place you have to impress. It’s a place to impress yourself.

  • Grinner Hester

    February 21, 2009 at 6:50 pm in reply to: follow-up

    Brother aint nothin wrong with that. Gravitate to what ya love and you’ll always be the best at it.

  • Grinner Hester

    February 21, 2009 at 3:43 pm in reply to: Ideas Pricing

    I suppose the reason we cannot copyright ideas is because ideas are worth nothing. Brain-storming great content is the easy part. We all know what would be really cool and the question is who among us can make it happen.
    Take the time to create treatments, protect those then go pitchin’.
    In todays day in age, it’s often quite realistic to go ahead and create it then pitch the real thing. Concepts are not in short supply.

  • Grinner Hester

    February 21, 2009 at 3:40 pm in reply to: follow-up

    It’s certainly square one.
    When pitching a video to a company, I have never gone all the way back to pitching video… but THE video we’ll be making. I’m not sure companies still need so much hand-holding. They know what video can do for them. The pitch, in my opinion should revolve more around budget than what feels like an educational video from the 80s. To me, this site weeds out potential high paying clientele.
    I dug the subtle nuances on the site though and I do think you could pay some bills with some web design.

  • Grinner Hester

    February 21, 2009 at 3:32 pm in reply to: latest codec -alpha friendly?

    Wonder why they opted to leave alphas out of the new codec.
    strange upgrade.

  • Grinner Hester

    February 21, 2009 at 3:29 pm in reply to: Acceptable practice in editing interviews?

    It’s kind of ironic, really. Nothing is broadcast more than news and outside of used car commercials, nothing has worse production value. From harsh lighting to underpaid talent to post-production not quite worthy of calling production at all, man it’s always been hard for me to watch the news.
    I dunno who the first to think a viewer wants to see an anchor nod as somebody speaks but it’s grounds for a national donkey-punch day.

  • Grinner Hester

    February 20, 2009 at 8:45 pm in reply to: latest codec -alpha friendly?

    thats what I always gravitate to but was surprised not to see it here.
    Another weird thing is when I brought it in, I had to invert the alpha like it was a still from PS. This was using the animation codec.
    also, I noticed it imported no slower with the animation codec than a file I made with no alpha with the avid codec. Neither of them claimed a fast import but neither were slow.

Page 142 of 260

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy