Forum Replies Created

Page 141 of 260
  • 99 items in the bin on the wall, 99 items in the biiiiin.
    Take some out and pread it around, no more than 99 items in a bin or a waaaaall.

    thank you. I’ll be here all evening. don’t forget to tip your waitresses.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 17, 2009 at 11:46 pm in reply to: paranormal experts

    I like that a lot, man. That would fly.
    I had no problem getting a submission release from A&E today. Lookin’ forward to seeing what happens…

  • Grinner Hester

    March 17, 2009 at 11:45 pm in reply to: 180 Degrees Rule

    Any art that pretends to have rules should be laughed at by all. Dude there are no rules. Your job is to make it cool without restricting yourselve to what old dudes before you would have done. They’d have the gig if that’s what was wanted so feel free to evolve.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 17, 2009 at 11:44 pm in reply to: shooting a candle lit wedding

    Option one. Open er up and get paid.
    Option two. Throw an HMI on em and run.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 17, 2009 at 11:43 pm in reply to: After Effects Training

    Initiative has always gone too for with me to furnish people with their skill set.
    I’d put a bug in his ear and see if he wants to take that initiative but if you buy this for him, he’ll apply it to the next job much more than at your place, sooner or later.
    To me, if a fine editor has not taken the time to learn AE, he’s just an editor that wishes he was a fine one.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 17, 2009 at 11:40 pm in reply to: College degree really necessary ?

    No art requires college. All art requires passion.
    That said, man don’t skip it if the old man is paying for it. The parties alone are worth going.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 16, 2009 at 3:21 pm in reply to: paranormal experts

    No IR or UV.
    Dunno about the artifacts you are seeing that look like film scratch. It’s very grainy because it was pitch black in the dungeon so I have the camera as wide open as it’ll go. Shooting on a Sony FX-1.
    The building has had no power to it for several decades.
    Circumstances before the shoot… many murders since the early 1800s. This Hotel served as a station for the undergruond railroad. The room we were in at the time was for the slaves… a place to make em realize they were about to be in a better place. The Hotel flew both flags during the civel war, depending on wehich troop was in town at the time. It housed folks ranging from Al Capone to Jesse James back in the day.
    The night before we were there, phycics were there so things seemed to be “stirred up” according to the caretaker.
    Heres the finished pilot:
    https://grinnerhester.com/MorseMill.wmv
    or the vimeo version:
    https://vimeo.com/3667406
    I think this show has legs. My quazi disbelief but ironic fear in every room is reffreshing compaired to the coockie cutter ghost shows today. My coming clean at the end about what I did and did not do to treat the footage will be the selling point of this show. This way they will always be entertaining but never bunk.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 15, 2009 at 1:49 pm in reply to: Check Was Cut-Lost-Client Now Won’t Pay

    In person really has always been an affective way to get paid.
    I had a production house in Dallas trying to stiff me after a check went 3 months late.
    It’s not someone I was gonna work with again so having nothing to lose and everything to gain, I simply waited in their waiting room. When their clients would come in, I’d casually ask em if they were owed money as well.
    lol
    Left with a check pretty quick.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 15, 2009 at 1:46 pm in reply to: UPDATE: I’m about to blow a gasket

    I just hope you took the gasket out to dinner first.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 15, 2009 at 1:44 pm in reply to: paranormal experts

    It would indeed appear that I have been slimed.

Page 141 of 260

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy