Forum Replies Created

Page 139 of 260
  • Grinner Hester

    March 31, 2009 at 2:53 pm in reply to: Lost Check-Client Not Paying?-Update

    I’d need to see that check as cleared today or I’d need my money today.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 31, 2009 at 2:51 pm in reply to: LA editors…hourly or day rate?

    LA knows rates as much as NY does. It’s just programmed to milk and insult far before greeting.
    Stick to your hourly rate and your half day minimum. The norm does still exist it places that do more work than grinding. There really is not a norm for hourly rates, as you well know. It’s whatever you can get while they try to pay what they can get away with.
    I’d say 75 an hour is middle of the road as a 750 day rate is quite the norm there for series work.
    People try to work ya for 2 hours here too. I only had an hourly minimum when hours were in large supply. Now, I just look at it as getting to go home early… but I’m in the armpit of the nation, not where it costs more than 2 hours of billing to get the car out of the garage.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 31, 2009 at 12:29 am in reply to: please comment how bad my video was!!

    the good:
    The whole music video had a pure, authentic vibe that resulted in what felt refreshing. It’s very clean. Nice work, my friend.
    the bad:
    the framing of the girl walking was almost always off for me. It was consistant enough it felt intentional but I never connected. I kept wondering if there were steadier takes. Was the only thing that stuck out to me in a nagative way.
    the ugly:
    that whole promo below. It played at the same time creating instant irritation and it was not flattering on a production level or a host level. The gafix were tacky and dude was distractingly bouncing on what I truely hope was a pogo stick.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 29, 2009 at 2:01 pm in reply to: Cease and desist..from a competitor

    She’s been told. 😉
    I won’t hear from here again but I could see that hotel owner calling me again one drunken night.
    I imagine she now has a written contract with him on excuisive rights but I dare say that has been drawn up since this. Dudes initial ad on craigslist welcomed video cameras in writing, he let us in night one with at least 7 different cameras, carrying some of them in the hotel for us, and a week later when we had something on tape, he met us up there again and let us in for free to further investigate and document. That was the night i gave him a DVD of episode 1 and it was the next morning this all began. He simply watched it and saw it huge.
    I take it as a compliment.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 29, 2009 at 1:57 pm in reply to: Cease and desist..from a competitor

    naa it was just a shake down from that location. She and the hotel owner are buds and they simply saw dolalr signs after I have him the pilot episode. In a nutshell, she’s just bent because my company turns around a show in 4 days where hers can’t in 4 months. They wanted my footage for her project.
    No thanks to that.
    I am finishing up episode 2 today and have had nibbles from TruTV with a treatment heading to A&E.
    The project will certainly continue. We just won’t go back to the hotel that haunts weeks after the fact.

  • Grinner Hester

    March 29, 2009 at 1:58 am in reply to: How to price a beverage company

    rim shot and room sigh

  • Grinner Hester

    March 29, 2009 at 1:58 am in reply to: Cease and desist..from a competitor

    well, I figure if she had an exclusive under contract. the owner would not have had an ad on cragslist welcinging visitors who pay him a niminal fee to bring their cameras. He surely would not have invited us back out that second night to shoot again.
    He sent it to her, she was threatened then he saw dollar signs.
    Funny thing is…daddy is editing episode two tonight and that dude already miffed me. Never make the editor mad.
    lol

  • Grinner Hester

    March 28, 2009 at 9:43 pm in reply to: Cease and desist..from a competitor

    lol
    I know, right.
    Man my lawering up daze are way over with.
    Editing episode 2 today…;)

  • Grinner Hester

    March 28, 2009 at 9:09 pm in reply to: Advice on getting paid

    damn straight.
    Check out tim bein’ the pitbull!

  • Grinner Hester

    March 28, 2009 at 5:42 pm in reply to: Student looking for advice….

    Sounds like you know the answer. This is the time to make the move, man.
    Fear not.

Page 139 of 260

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy