Forum Replies Created
-
[Jorge Torrens] ” I thought that I’ve checked the IOExpress with After Effects, but I was mistaken I have only checked with FCP, Nuke and Aja own’s TVOut, at the moment IOExpress does not work with AE or Motion, sorry for the confusion. “
Thats not right.
all three of those Apps (AE, Motion and Nuke) all work on my Io Express.gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Jorge Torrens] “Hi Jeremy, yes I have true p originated material, I work mostly with Red originated files or panasonic 3000 and both in 24p or 25p.”
First jorge.
understand there is a big difference between RED files which are 1080 true P and the Panasonic cameras which shoot P over interlace- these are NOT the same formats in the timeline.[Jorge Torrens] ” but for the dreamcolor the only one that has sense is RGB, as it needs to be driven by a true progresive RGB signal to activate the colorspace settings otherwise the monitor works in full range. “
your HDMI connection is always delivering a “P” signal regardless of the signal sent to it, you are correct that the output is progressive, but not always RGB, HDMI can be YUV or RGB as you not.
[Jorge Torrens] “or the program settings in fcp I use 1080p 24 and 25 fps settings in prores 422, and in nuke and fcp there are no timeline settings as suchs as the image is allways progresive RGB uncompress. “
NO it is not. FCP will always default to YUV color when outputting captured video. Your RED files would be converted to YUV in RED apps when you convert to 1080.
WHAT does the IoExpress/ Kona control panel say the video space is? not what you think it is- what does it SAY it is?
[Jorge Torrens] “I connected the Dreamcolor straight to the computer via a dvi->hdmi to check if it was the Dreamcolor HDMI input the culprit, and the levels look fine”
So you do not seem to think that the DVI connection could be doing anything to the signal?There is a defined color space for the DVI output from the HDLINK that you seem to be forgetting about.
Since the HDLink device does allow for setting color space and lut info – how do you know that that process is not being used here.? Those settings are meant to compensate for the 8bit processing in the device.a 10 bit signal should show more detail and by-passing any LUT’s that are being used in the default mode on the HDLink.
maybe posting images would help us understand.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Jorge Torrens] “Thanks Jeremy, but I was sending a true progresive signal in RGB,”
jorge.
You set the HDMI preference to be RGB in the Kona Control Panel?
how are you sure the content RGB?
I do this regularly and I am not having any issue with the IoXpress.[Jorge Torrens] “he monitor is already calibrated and works right if I go via sdi from the aja and use hdlink to convert to dvi. “
how is the HDlink configed internally? is it configed to handle some of the conversion?
– ( FYI – HP does not recommend that config for proper handling of the content only the Geffen and AJA boxes are supported for HDSDI -HDMI conversion)
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Steve Connor] “Broken mine too! HD 50i using Pro Res or XDCam HD “
PLEASE
help us out here- it does no one any good if you do not give specifics about your configurations.
I tested both of those last night in both 720 and 1080 without issue.I did have to reset my prefs for desktop preview after the update, but that was it.
< PLEASE GIVE >
Computer config
OS and APP versions
Format Raster and Frame of content you are having issue with.
Additional Hardware on your computer.gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Jeremy Garchow] “The TC arm option is now available so if you aren’t running free run tc, you can string ltc to each machine (signifying one as the master of sorts), set it to arm on tc over LTC. Once record starts on one, it will arm all the others. “
The remote record function is currently only over HDSDI connections from cameras that support the SDIRP188 function with timecode as RP188 over HDSDI.This function requires that the incoming TC be set to the SDI RP188 setting in Menu 8.0 and not set to read LTC.
I have not been able to have one camera trigger remote recording across multiple KiPros for inline recording. The first KiPro inline records correctly the camera triggering, in my experience no other device inline will commence recording with the camera trigger.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
Gary Adcock
October 24, 2009 at 12:26 am in reply to: ProRes HQ 24fps + Other Formats in Same Sequence[Kevin Monahan] “If I conformed everything to 24.0, what are the ramifications for sync sound? “
it will pitch shift. I have been known to recut the original audio back in using the natural pauses in speech to re-sync if needed, since you said it was not a lot, this might be an option.
The 3-4% change is well within the voice compression guidelines used to get more said in a commercials, or you could pitch shift in Adobe Sound booth (not sure how the new version of STP handles adjusting pitch)
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
Gary Adcock
October 23, 2009 at 9:38 pm in reply to: ProRes HQ 24fps + Other Formats in Same Sequence[Kevin Monahan] “There are some pick up shots that must be inserted, however, all are XDCAM 25 fps, 24 fps and 23.98 fps. I don’t see a problem with the 24 fps footage, but should I be converting the other two formats before outputting”
Hey Kev.
try doing a conform to 24.0 of all the media in CinemaTools, I find that unless it is all material of the same subject- most do not see close enough to realize that the content has been speeded up or slowed down unless it is a direct cut in the middle of the action.
a simple dip to color dissolve allows the eye to refresh and more easily accept the new frame rate.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Dave Stenz] “MACPRO 2×2.26, OS 10.6.1, QTx and 7, two 24″ LED backlit Displays ATI Radeon HD4870 and GeForce GT120 cards.”
Dave
FCS3 does not support Dual Graphics cards- Especially not with 2 cards from competing manufacturers!Com’on what are you thinking?
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Nick Meyers] “i am now getting very clunky playback on Digital Cinema Desktop Preview.
footage and sequences are ProRes PAL.
while the image plays perfectly in the viewer or canvas, it has a “Dropping frames” look on the Desktop Preview. when i turn mirroring OFF, i get NO payback at all,
just a frozen frame! “Nick
fill me in here, I have tested both 720 and 1080 formats with with 7.01 and not seen any issue with the desktop preview…You know the drill…
format (25 or 50) and HD or SD?
OS and Machine versions
Graphics cards and what monitors you are using- I am sure there is someone on the cow that is having a similar issue.gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Wolf Austad] “Separate the Formatting menu from the menu where you type in Scene & Take numbers.”
it is a separate menu item under MEDIA.
All functions relating to how you handle the media are in the same grouping.
I have not been able to errantly re-foramt a drive from the unit interface settings- nor could 3 other people that I had try, one of which was my mother who is in her 70’s!
formatting the drive is a 3 step process.
You must tell the machine that you want to format.
You must activate a separate button to ARM the formatting process.
You then release and hold down that a button for 2 secs before formatting begins.You immediately exit the process by pushing any one of the Transport buttons.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php