Forum Replies Created

Page 169 of 245
  • Floh Peters

    November 30, 2006 at 7:25 pm in reply to: Disappearing FX in Producer

    I think what you

  • Floh Peters

    November 28, 2006 at 10:08 pm in reply to: Video plays back dark when imported from SW to Media100i

    [hbvideo] “OK but the import into Media 100i takes more than an hour…”

    You should avoid “gaps” in your timeline. As far as I know this “slow import” into Media 100 i only happens if the timeline you are exporting contains empty areas, which are exported in a clever way to save space, but they mean a slow import for Media 100 i systems. If you have spaces in your timeline where you need black, do yourself a favor and take a black Pict, import it into Media 100 and place it there. Maybe using a “black clip” created in Media 100 does work also, but I have to admit that I did not try it.

    Floh

  • Floh Peters

    November 28, 2006 at 7:37 pm in reply to: Video plays back dark when imported from SW to Media100i

    Export as “Self Contained” (assuming that you have everything in the Media 100 i codec). This should give better quality (no recompression), it should be faster and it should not change the color/levels.

  • Floh Peters

    November 28, 2006 at 6:30 pm in reply to: HDe audio out of sync

    [Greg] “The weird thing on my set-up is that I have FCP on a second drive as part of a dual boot system. On FCP, everything is in sync. But on Media 100Hde, it’s off about 12 frames.”

    Are you sure that you did not install any AJA/FCP drivers on your Media 100 HD partition accidentally? The problem you are seeing could be related to a conflict between the Aja OEM and the Aja Kona drivers…

    [Greg] “Also, any thoughts as to why I’m not seeing video out to my deck? I’m seeing audio fine, and I can digitize. I’m currently not using the junction box, but have the multi cables connected to my G5 Quad and the Y Pb Pr ins and outs of my PVW 2800. “

    Two things you should check. Unplug the Multipin connector from your Kona card and look if there are any bent pins. Maybe you did bend something when plugging in the connector. And make sure that your “Video Output” preferences in Media 100 are set to SD Component under Analog. But this also could be related to a Kona driver conflict…

  • Floh Peters

    November 28, 2006 at 6:27 pm in reply to: Video plays back dark when imported from SW to Media100i

    How do you export? As “Self Contained”? Or as a QuickTime file with Media 100 i codec? There was an issue with video levels when using the QuickTime export in 10.1.x and 10.2.x; you should upgrade to V11.5 of Media 100 sw/Producer and try the export again. Anyway, when exporting as Self contained you should see no color and luma shift regardingless of which version you use.

  • Floh Peters

    November 28, 2006 at 10:48 am in reply to: HDe audio out of sync

    [Michael Slowe] “Maybe the wizard Floh will see your query and then you will get the real knowledge.”

    I have seen it 😉

    Seriously, I heard another report from somebody who has similar problems using a HDe system, but I still haven

  • Floh Peters

    November 28, 2006 at 12:50 am in reply to: Sync, Genlock, or some other problem???

    [jeremyR] “I have 3 Media 100 Systems in my dept. a HD 10.1.4 unit, a I/XR 8.2.3, and a LE 6.0.3. They are all hooked to a Sierra Video Systems Router and Share two Sony DVCAM Decks and a Sony Beta Deck. The HD unit works flawlessly. The other two, when digitizing, the video in the little preview window is good but on the Monitor is all jacked up. When you play back your digitized video, it plays out fine. It only happens when digitizing. I am at a loss to explain this. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,”

    When you are using the Component input on the Media 100 i systems, make sure you are feeding a Composite signal from the deck into the Composite in of the Media 100 Breakout Box as a Reference signal. Then you will get stable image also while digitizing.

  • Floh Peters

    November 26, 2006 at 2:52 pm in reply to: BVW-75 machine control?

    The twin serial adapter. The US-19 is RS232 only, and Beta decks (except some UVW models) have RS422 ports.

  • Floh Peters

    November 24, 2006 at 12:17 am in reply to: BVW-75 machine control?

    Definitely use TimeCoderOSX with RS422 cable, and set it up to use your keyspan box and the correct port. Make sure that your cable is connected properly, no pins are bent and your deck is set to “Remote” on the flip switch on the right side of your front panel.

  • Floh Peters

    November 22, 2006 at 7:23 am in reply to: Aspect Ratio and importing photos

    [Ethan Becker] “Thanks for the help! First, when I export out of Media 100 Producer to After Effects, it creates an XML file that can not be imported into AE 7.0.”

    You need to copy the Media 100 AE importer Component which is in your Media 100 Producer folder into YourAEFolder->Plugins->Standard->Formats to read the XML files.

    [Ethan Becker] “I set the comp size to 1152 X 648 and also resized the footage to be the same pixel count. It looks pretty good. I think I got it. “

    If it looks good it does not mean it is “correct”. 1152 x 648 is definitely not a “video” size, so you won

Page 169 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy