Forum Replies Created

Page 170 of 245
  • Floh Peters

    November 21, 2006 at 4:54 pm in reply to: Applying colorFX to entire timeline

    – Select all clips you want to apply the CC to
    – Double-click on one of the clips and set up your CC
    – Press “Apply”
    – Choose Tools Menu->Apply ColorFX to Selected Clips

  • Floh Peters

    November 21, 2006 at 7:55 am in reply to: Aspect Ratio and importing photos

    Hey Ethan,

    QuickTime does handle Widescreen (anamorphic) material not too well, so there is no good way to get the QuickTime files to look “correct” in the Finder. If you are going to AE it depends on the way you use. If you have a 16:9 timeline in Media 100 (Producer), and you do an “Export to AfterEffects” and an Import into AE with the included AE importer plugin all your asect rate settings will be handled automatically.
    If you want to import files “manually” by creating a new AE project and importing single Media 100 QuickTimes you should use AEs “Interpret Footage” setting to tell it that your clips are PAL or NTSC WideScreen. If you then create a PAL or NTSC Widescreen composition AE will handle all aspect rate conversions for you, including mixing with 4:3 clips or e.g. Square Pixel Photos or Graphics files.
    One additional hint: at the bottom of AEs Composition window is a little button that switches between square pixel view (which is usually sharper since each video pixel gets mapped to one computer display pixel) and aspect rate corrected pixel mode. There WideScreen footage and comps may look a little bit pixelated (AE does stretch each pixel to a WideScreen Mode which is not ideal for Computer displays), but you are looking at your correct aspect ratio. And as soon as you will see your footage on a video screen everything will be fine.

  • Floh Peters

    November 16, 2006 at 7:25 pm in reply to: DigiBeta to Beta Sp Clone

    [topher944] “I’m getting ready to master a 12 hour program onto digi beta. We’d like a beta sp clone but I really would only like 12+ hours of mastering – not 24+ so I’d like to do them simultaneously. Can I use a Sony 500a as my digi beta deck with sdi/machinge control from m100 in – then from the 500a’s anaolg outs off to our UVW1800 for the sp clone? Will matching timecode be possible – even if I have to manually hit record on the 1800? Thanks in advance for your knowledge. Kind Regards, Chris K.”

    Yes. Connect the Composite V1 out from DigiBeta to the Ref in of your UVW, and connect the Component out from DigiBeta to Component in on UVW. Also connect analog sound from DB to SP, and the TC out from DigiBeta to the TC in on the UVW. Set the UVW to “External” and “Regen” TC, Master to DigiBeta and hit Record on your UVW manually.

  • Floh Peters

    November 16, 2006 at 4:11 am in reply to: new HDe system

    [Greg] “2. I’m creating a dual boot system with FCP HD on the second drive. How do I get the aja drivers onto the second drive?”

    Boot with your FCP drive and install drivers there.

    [Greg] “3. How do I create a dual boot system? I’ve installed OSX 10.4.8 on both drives. How will I boot up to each drive? “

    System Preferences->Startup Volume. There you can select which HD to use for booting.

    [Greg] “1. How do I hook up a composite NTSC monitor to this system? I’m using a PVW 2800 as my deck.”

    Connect the Composite in of your monitor to the Composite out of your HDe breakout box. (The Y out doubles as the Composite out).

  • Floh Peters

    November 15, 2006 at 2:06 pm in reply to: HELP! Changing from 7.5 to HD 10.1.4

    [Ford Prefect] “to a G5 Dual 2.7 (OS 10.1.4)”

    I hope you

  • Floh Peters

    November 15, 2006 at 7:45 am in reply to: Auto Audio Balance?

    Usually a mix of Audio Filters->Dynamics->Compressor and Limiter should get you in the correct area (if you

  • Floh Peters

    November 14, 2006 at 7:37 am in reply to: Digibeta Virgin

    Yeah, but the DigiBeta decks are really more or less the same as e.g. the PVW BetaSP decks with better image quality, so no real surprises to expect there. If you have problems, let us know.

  • Floh Peters

    November 14, 2006 at 7:22 am in reply to: Digibeta Virgin

    It should be pretty easy. Just connect the SDI and AES/EBU cables. On the front of the digibeta deck there are little buttons to select your ins. Make sure that you have selected SDI for video and AES for audio in. DQTimeCoder is fine with DigiBeta.

  • Floh Peters

    November 14, 2006 at 7:12 am in reply to: Upgrade Risks

    Yes, as you did I would have suggested updating. V11.5 is really a great step. And btw. you can open V11.5 and Producer projects/timelines/bins in V11; we did this back and forth a lot during the beta tests.

  • Floh Peters

    November 11, 2006 at 5:33 pm in reply to: won’t digitize

    Try shutting down your SCSI drives, and digitize in a medium data rate (maybe 150k) to your internal drive. Does this work? If yes, you most likely have a SCSI or drive problem somewhere in your setup.

Page 170 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy