Forum Replies Created

Page 168 of 245
  • Floh Peters

    December 9, 2006 at 9:20 pm in reply to: Opening v8.2.1

    [Paul Leone] “Hey, it’s been a long time since I’ve been on this forum, which is why I’m here now – I switched to FCP a while back and haven’t opened my Media 100 in over a year. I went to open it today and it won’t, it directs me to support. I’m running OS 10.4.8 which I’m guessing is the problem, but I’m not sure what the fix is to get it to open? Also, I can’t find my serial number since we’ve recently moved, is there a way to get it if I can’t find my discs?”

    If the software still is installed correctly (which means that the Media 100 authorization file is still in place) you should download the free V8.2.3a upgrade and install it. This definitely will work on 10.4.8, so you should be good to go as long as your encryption code still is entered on the system.

  • Floh Peters

    December 9, 2006 at 10:15 am in reply to: Leaders and Trailers Missing

    If you want to have your Leaders and Trailers available inside Media 100s Master to Tape, you need to have a “Leaders and Trailers” folder in your Media 100 application folder. Inside this folder there needs to be a folder named “Programs”, where you should have your Leader timeline in. Then these will show up under the “Leaders” and “Trailers” section in the Master to Tape window.

  • Floh Peters

    December 8, 2006 at 1:48 pm in reply to: still need answers please

    [Greg] “There doesn’t seem to be a bars and tones folder on the HDe system, nor any leaders like in previous M100 systems. How can I add bars and tones to the front of my program? Thanks for your help.”

    Digitize correct tone and bars from a deck (most decks can create them today)

    [Greg] “Also, I’d like to output my program to DVD Studio Pro. What’s the best workflow here? Should I use Compressor? Should I use BitVice?”

    Output as “By reference”. Then use BitVice for encoding. Much better quality than Compressor.

    [Greg] “Lastly, I’m experiencing crashes when using Boris FX in HDe. Usually when I try to make a change in the effect. Any thoughts?”

    Which version of Media 100 and Boris do you use? We are not seeing any crashes here.

  • Floh Peters

    December 8, 2006 at 1:02 am in reply to: HDX doesn’t relink any files!

    Hmmm,…

    I would try creating a new project and opening a timeline into this project. When the “Relink Media” dialog starts (in case it does not find the media files) remember the exact name of one of the files, and search for the needed file manually to make sure it is really on the harddrive.
    One thing you also may want to check is your systems date&time settings. Maybe something is wrong there that affects the ability to relink to files.

  • Floh Peters

    December 4, 2006 at 10:20 pm in reply to: Floh HDe to composite monitor

    [Greg] “It seems like even my old junction box for M100i had the ability to send video out to a composite monitor. You would think that they would have included that option for those of us who edit in a home edit suite.”

    You can send out Composite, only not at the same time as you send out Component. And since the hardware needs to get cheaper and cheaper these days compromises are made…

  • Floh Peters

    December 4, 2006 at 6:52 pm in reply to: Maximum amount of RAM for use with HDX

    We have up to 4.5 GB and everything isd flawless…

  • Floh Peters

    December 4, 2006 at 12:55 pm in reply to: Floh HDe to composite monitor

    [Greg] “So you’re saying I need to have a patch bay?”

    No, you don

  • Floh Peters

    December 4, 2006 at 8:31 am in reply to: Floh HDe to composite monitor

    That

  • Floh Peters

    December 2, 2006 at 4:02 pm in reply to: Optibase HD system

    I think you

  • Floh Peters

    December 1, 2006 at 1:58 am in reply to: Dead HDX in a Dual G5. PLEASE HELP!!!

    If the CPU does not start up at all this sounds not too good.
    First, disconnect everything that is not needed, like FW drives, USB things except mouse and keyboard and whatever you have on the computer. Remove the power cord and wait some minutes. Then plug it in again and try to start up.
    If this does not work, try removing pairs of RAM modules; maybe one of your RAMs has gone bad. If this does not work, get in touch with a Service Center…

    Good luck

Page 168 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy