Forum Replies Created

Page 167 of 245
  • Floh Peters

    December 13, 2006 at 6:44 pm in reply to: Graphics turn to B/W

    In Media 100 i, the Graphics tracks graphics are overlaid using the hardware framebuffer. If you have 2 graphics close together (I think less than a second) the system cannot load the graphic clip quickly enough into the framebuffer and will give you the realtime error message. A workaround (if you have long graphics and you don

  • Floh Peters

    December 13, 2006 at 4:20 pm in reply to: Damaged Media File?

    Probably something is wrong with your Media drive. Check the connections, and run something like Norton DiskDoctor on the drive.

  • Floh Peters

    December 13, 2006 at 12:51 pm in reply to: Audio Problems

    Hmmm,
    you are running Media 100 HD suite, so you have to convert from Analog to digital somewhere. Are you sure that your AD converter is okay?
    Another thing that comes to mind is that I seem to have troubles sometimes on our HDe system when trying to acquire audio while no video signal is present on the selected video input. Although the Video in is turned off it seems to make a difference if there is a valid source connected to the in.

  • Floh Peters

    December 13, 2006 at 12:31 pm in reply to: Converting a NTSC M100 Project to PAL

    [tankboy] “I understand most PAL players will play NTSC. However am I’ve been told most NTSC players do not play PAL. ie the DVD players sold in the NTSC countries (US etc) are set up to play NTSC only. “

    Right.

    [tankboy] “So if I’m in a PAL country and want to send a DVD to a NTSC country I’ll need to do the convesion back the other way. I guess I can do this using the same software, right? Does anyone know of any tutorials for doing this to get the best results?”

    There are several ways to do it. If you want to have it quickly find a company in your area that can do the conversion through a realtime device. Usually the results are okay (not great), but you will get it quickly.
    If you don

  • Floh Peters

    December 12, 2006 at 10:24 pm in reply to: Converting a NTSC M100 Project to PAL

    As far as I know BitVice does not do Standard conversion. You could do it in the latest version of Compressor, and you would get very good results if you have a LOT of time (only Conversion in Compressor, and then MPEG Encoding in BitVice). But the question is why you want to do it. Nearly all PAL DVD players can play back NTSC DVDs. So if you don

  • Floh Peters

    December 12, 2006 at 3:41 pm in reply to: System Crashing

    [Greg] “Hi Floh, no I haven’t updated. Was there a bug in earlier versions?”

    I don

  • Floh Peters

    December 12, 2006 at 7:54 am in reply to: media 100i encountered a disk I/O error

    You never mentioned tha you were running OS9. There were some FireWire drive problems under OS9, so maybe you are seeing one of those. There is no Journaling option under OS9. Do you use Media 100 XR with the Realtime FX board? Some were reporting problems with FireWire drives and the RealtimeFX board also, I think.

  • Floh Peters

    December 12, 2006 at 7:51 am in reply to: System Crashing

    Have you tried updating to Media100 V11.5.1 and BorisFX8.0.3?

  • Floh Peters

    December 10, 2006 at 4:11 pm in reply to: media 100i encountered a disk I/O error

    Try formatting the drive with DiskUtility as HFS+, and make sure that “Journaling” is turned OFF.

  • Floh Peters

    December 10, 2006 at 9:59 am in reply to: Leaders and Trailers Missing

    [topher944] “The folders are all in the right places. Have loaded them twice – they just wont show in the “master to tape” window under “Leaders”. I’ve figured out a workaround for now but it would sure be nice to fix that problem. Thanks for your help. Kind Regards, Chris”

    Are you sure that it is the correct Media 100 folder? When Media 100 is running, right/CTRL-click on the Application Icon in the dock and choose “Show in Finder”. Is the “Leaders and Trailers” folder in the folder that opens from this command? The Application needs to be in this folder, otherwise the leaders won

Page 167 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy