Floh Peters
Forum Replies Created
-
Are you using PPC or Intel hardware?
-
I only did performance tests with V11.6.3, but there it seems like the system benefits from more CPUs. Things like Rendering of effects, multilayer clip playback and such go up to 600% on our 8Core system.
I heard that OSX 10.5 will even be more clever about the use of multiple CPUs, so probably a Media 100 V12 (or whatever will work with OSX10.5) will even be more efficient on multi-CPU systems. -
V11.5 was not Intel-native. For your MacBook you need at least V11.6. I am not really sure about your code; did you say you bought it last week? Then you should have gotten a code for 11.6…
-
[Mark Frazier] “If Quicktime also got updated, would that cause any issues?”
I am not sure, but with the latest updates there was a QuickTime update to 7.2 which broke several things (unrelated to Media 100). So maybe it also did break the Media 100 i export functionality for you. Maybe you should try to revert to QuickTime 7.1.6 or reinstall QuickTime 7.2
-
Does that happen only on a specific project, or also on different projects? Have you tried exporting to a different drive? Besides a software conflict (e.g. with an incompatible version of QuickTime or a 3rd party QuickTime extension) this could be related to a bad media file or bad harddrive directory.
-
[David Issko] “As Bitvice currently has 8 core issues where the program crashes just after it starts encoding, I cannot comment on it.”
If you want to use BitVice with your 8Core system, you have to deactivate 4 cores before starting the encode (you can turn them on immediately after the encode starts). Search for the “CHUD Tools” on the Apple Support website; this will install a preference to turn off cores in the System Prefs.
-
What system did you acquire on, and what codec? If you acquired in V11.x into DV codec you should be good to go. All Apple-based codecs from Media 100 use the same colorspace as Apple does in FCStudio, and no contrast problems should appear.
-
Try contacting Media 100 sales. The OMF Exporter is a paid-for extension, but I don
-
For HD, you should do a comparison between MJPEGB and DVCProHD. DVCProHD is much more compressed, giving you a lower data rate, but also only 1440*1080 pixels instead of 1920*1080. So you definitely loose some details. MJpegB at a medium quality settings usually gives you results that are not too bad, but of course it depends on your source images. But I would expect Media 100 to support more compressed HD codecs in future releases.
-
[Kieran Matthew] “With this I successfully opened some Media 100i footage on my XP box running QT 7.2.
As I said I might be mistaken about this being any different (the package is certainly different than the one you download as the ifinishtranscoder as is the name of the qt component) but it is more recent (barely) and was shipped by Media 100 with a system that requires QT7 to run.
Any ideas?
“Very interesting!!!