Floh Peters
Forum Replies Created
-
Floh Peters
March 25, 2008 at 7:20 pm in reply to: batch RE-aquire problem on media 100 producer 11.5This should be quite easy. Batch capture is named batch reacquire/batch reacquire selected in Media 100.
First, decide if you want to reacquire everything, or just your timeline. Select everything you want to reacquire (all clips in the timeline, or timeline and bin in your project window).
Make sure that your system is set up correctly (hardware settings, deck control and Codec/media destinations).
Then, with everything you want to reacquire selected, go to Media->Batch reacquire selected. There you should see a list with all needed tapes and all clips. Start to reacquire and put in the tape the system requests. -
From what I know you can convert the files into any supported QuickTime format, so yes, you should be able to use them inside Media 100. I currently don´t have access to a EX camera, so I don´t have a chance to check it, but theoretically this should work.
-
Dave,
I understand the trouble you had with this decision. Apple made this whole Intel transition sound very easy, and probably it was for developers of small and relatively new apps, but even major developers like Adobe and Microsoft hat troubles bringing their apps over to the Intel platform. I really appreciate all the work you have put into it, and that you still were able to get new features into the app at the same time. And I agree that releasing the Codecs for free will help us as users of your great editing systems, since it will make exchanging files with companies not using Media 100 much easier.
And for everybody using Media 100 i, the Producer trial version is worth having more than a look at. It really is incredible how much further V12 has taken the application without sacrificing the ease of use and the clean intuitive interface.
Thanks a lot for this decision.
-
This sounds like you have an older version of Media 100 HD?!? I think the quality slider for DV is gone in the last versions, since it actually did reduce the quality (even dropping to a single-field version), without reducing the filesize (since DV is a fixed bitrate). So if you digitized on low quality you definitely should be able to reacquire at a higher resolution.
-
The script basically should look like this:
“tell application “Media 100 Producer”
activate
repeat with i from 1 to the number of clips in the front bin
set name of clip i of front bin to (comments of clip i of front bin as text)
end repeat
end tell
”It seems like Media 100 for some reason does shorten the clip name more than necessary, though. Not sure what happens there; maybe I have time to look into this in more detail later.
-
Floh Peters
March 21, 2008 at 12:58 am in reply to: M100i 8.2.1 doesn’t see firewire input signal. Please HELP!!!Actually, if you have digitized into FCP you most likely do have the deck connected to the FireWire port of the Mac, and not to the FW port of your P6000 board as you should have,
-
While this is bad news, maybe it would be the right time to upgrade to one of the newer systems. Or, there are still Media 100 i systems turning up on ebay from time to time.
-
Try deleting the Media 100 prefs. If this does not work, run the M100 hardware test to see if you have a board problem
-
The question is what codec you are rendering into. I don´t use P2 stuff much, but I usually would tend to create a 720 full pixel comp (1280*720), and render e.g. into ProRes in this resolution.
-
Hmmm, you are sure your pixel dimensions are correct (either 1920*1080 or 1280*720)?