Forum Replies Created

Page 180 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    November 27, 2017 at 2:41 pm in reply to: Cross Platform Relink

    Thanks Glenn for sharing that.
    I had to use Resolve 12.5 to export my Helium files to avoid the cross-platform issue.
    The beauty is that I had an HP Z840 and a Mac Pro to work with.
    Got over 2000 clips to export in 4 days.
    The trick is to make sure the AAF file is created.
    For some reason, a few attempts didn’t create one for me.
    Another burn is that I cant use the AUDIO SYNC option in Resolve.
    Crazy bug with that going into Avid MC 8.9.3.
    I do have all the RAW data imported and relinked on both platforms.
    I will know later if the rendered MXFs will play nice across.

    Thanks again!

  • Eric Santiago

    November 24, 2017 at 8:13 pm in reply to: 4k editing – do I really need a better computer?

    [Sabrina Inderbitzi] “Only one question at Olivier Prudhomme: Why storing the footage on an external drive? I wont be faster, will it?
    “

    Yes.
    Offloading your data to an external creates less stress to your internal HD which your CPU has to deal with.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 23, 2017 at 11:31 pm in reply to: Show me your BINS

    [Shane Ross] “..replaced what was called the SUPERBIN”

    Oh I remember that back in the Meridien days ☺

    I think I got impatient and never bothered to find the tabs part.

    I will give that a look asap.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 23, 2017 at 5:29 am in reply to: Show me your BINS

    Great stuff Shane!

    Some of yours I would be at after I get deeper into a project.
    I really wished there was an option for a multiple Bins in Avid.
    Or is there?

  • Eric Santiago

    November 23, 2017 at 5:26 am in reply to: Ensure the Red Camera Proxy in Avid Workflow

    Thanks, Michael I will send that asap.

    At first, I was using RCX Build 50 on Windows 10.
    I then tried it on a pretty old build maybe 32 on my Mac.
    I upgraded to latest and still no go.
    I’ll send you a Dropbox link offline.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 22, 2017 at 3:04 pm in reply to: How can i animate this Logo like golf swing ?

    if its vector split the golfer and swoosh into layers.
    Use 3D on the golfer and set the anchor at his waist.
    you will need to play with the axis and see if the swing looks decent.
    The swoosh you can just do a simple mask reveal.
    Could be fun to play with 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    November 22, 2017 at 2:39 pm in reply to: Learning Avid MC course recommendations

    Im old school (paper manuals) but of late, Ive looked Lynda.com and its not bad.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 21, 2017 at 7:22 am in reply to: Ensure the Red Camera Proxy in Avid Workflow

    Update:

    Installed Avid MC 8.9.3 on Mac.
    Source browser works with link/import.
    Avid AAF export from RCX is still broken.
    I created a quick sequence with a few short Helium clips.
    Transcoded then exported to AAF.
    Able to import timeline and use original Helium RAW in Resolve 12.5.
    Happy camper here 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    November 21, 2017 at 6:18 am in reply to: Ensure the Red Camera Proxy in Avid Workflow

    I just found this link:
    https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/articles/229370927-HELIUM-8K-S35-Sensor-FAQs

    Waiting on tech support for answers.
    I have tried everything and nothing works so far with these files.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 21, 2017 at 4:16 am in reply to: Ensure the Red Camera Proxy in Avid Workflow

    This issue seems to be on another Mac with Avid MC 8.7.x and all updated RED plugins.
    The other odd thing is that it won’t open the 6K WS RED directory files as a Source file in Source Browser.
    The older RED files from a Scarlet and RED ONE seems to work fine.
    However, I could import by picking the R3D but force transcode and that would be brutal with a 20 day shoot (18TB data) project 😛

Page 180 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy