Forum Replies Created

Page 181 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    November 20, 2017 at 5:15 am in reply to: Ensure the Red Camera Proxy in Avid Workflow

    Thanks Michael for chiming in ☺
    On the Mac side:
    Avid MC 8.4.5
    OS X Sierra
    RED AMA 1.19 (I tried 1.16 first)

    Windows:
    Avid MC 8.8.4bxxxx
    Windows 10
    RED AMA 1.18

    I have to contact the HP owner before I can start updating his software.

    I just did a test from Resolve using AAF and on the Mac side and the files still show OFFLINE.

    I have done the RCX export many times in the past and never had issues.
    To be honest I haven’t done this workflow since last year.
    Usually just AMA and transcode.
    But even that I cant do, the Link/Import don’t work with R3D files

  • Eric Santiago

    November 19, 2017 at 8:13 pm in reply to: Ensure the Red Camera Proxy in Avid Workflow

    Funny this topic comes up just before I inherited a RED DRAGON shot project.
    They provided me an HP Z840 to prep a feature but I am seeing a ton of issues with my Avid and RED workflow.
    For starters, I can’t seem to import any R3D in this Windows version.
    When using Source Browser I see a list of clips (named clips) and it shows “can’t be linked” under the Plug-in column.
    None of the clips will import, too many different warnings to post.
    When using Import it states the file is not supported.
    I guess I’ve been using the Mac version of Avid for far too long to know whats up ☹
    I also tried exporting an ALE from REDCINE and the files show up as offline.
    I imported the MXF into Resolve on the same HP and the files are fine.
    There is an older project in Avid and that seems fine.
    What am I missing here?

  • Eric Santiago

    November 17, 2017 at 8:49 pm in reply to: spaceship window

    You can export Camera data from Max/Maya to After Effects.
    Ive done it with Maya not sure how it fares from Max.
    Im sure there is a way from C4D.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 17, 2017 at 2:40 pm in reply to: spaceship window

    Mostly eyeballing it unless you have a 100-foot jib 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    November 17, 2017 at 6:03 am in reply to: Resolve to Avid

    Great stuff Brent, let met give that a try 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    November 16, 2017 at 9:08 pm in reply to: Animate flattened 3d image

    Switch the 3D toggle on and make sure the pivot/axis is dead center.

    Then go to down with rotation use all angles and/or use Camera.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 16, 2017 at 8:48 pm in reply to: NAS Hard-Drives

    Currently, this is a stop-gap solution due to a poorly organized film shoot.
    As long as I can extract all the data from the Windows box I’m happy.

    Question though.
    What are people using to move from PC to Mac with RAID sets?
    I’m usually in a server environment but this current setup is closed off.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 16, 2017 at 6:41 pm in reply to: NAS Hard-Drives

    I picked up Ironwolf 6TB 7200RPMs for now.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 16, 2017 at 4:28 pm in reply to: NAS Hard-Drives
  • Eric Santiago

    November 16, 2017 at 3:53 pm in reply to: Windows RAID Issues

    Thanks, Alex/Greg.

    The RAID sets were created in Windows using Disk Management.
    After a few attempts, I gave up.
    I know for a fact the original RAID sets will work (swap) for both OWC/Internal since they were originally created that way.
    I guess I was trying to force the RAID sets into a different system (as Alex stated this isn’t going to work) so that I can work with all the RED files in one volume.
    Currently, the whole feature is in four different RAID sets.

Page 181 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy