Forum Replies Created

Page 178 of 282
  • I had to stick with duplicate data and not try to use a moving drive.
    Could not get a 20 TB RAID to play nice due to my current workflow.
    I made sure I can bring the project back and forth without any issues.
    I found a few so I had to make some workarounds.
    One was the folder options. I had a folder within a folder and it seemed to have duplicated a set of bins.
    For example:
    DAY 1 GROUP (folder)
    – DAY 1 MXF (exported from Resolve in a bin)
    – DAY 1 SYNC (subclips using AutoSync in a bin)
    – DAY 1 AUTIO T (transcoded audio in a bin)
    – DAY 1 ORIGINALS (folder)
    — DAY 1 RAW (R3D RAW in a bin)
    — DAY 1 AUDIO (audio LINKED in a bin)

    When I copied the above into my Mac from Windows (MC 8.9.3 for both) the DAY 1 RAW bin was duplicated but sitting at the top root of the main DAY 1 GROUP folder. I checked them all and it was a complete duplicate.
    I just deleted them but it was annoying me.
    I was moving files via network. The HP Z840 has a 30TB RAID 0 and my Mac a 24TB PEGASUS.
    If you lose links with the AMA stuff, just reimport into the same folder.
    I tried the relink options and they were a complete waste of time.
    Anything Avid blessed (Avid MediaFiles) works great when moving around but AMA is still a PITA.
    I have a few posts all over the internet about my workflow issues and at the moment I have given up on answers from Avid.
    I at least got 80% of the clips (2000 plus clips) to AutoSync but the rest are so bad and have tried everything to streamline my process.
    Oh well I learned a lot from this Avid, Resolve and RED workflow.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 8, 2017 at 2:12 pm in reply to: I was given a G-tech thunderbolt 2 RAID drive….

    That OWC needs TB2 as a host connector.
    The FW800 is for input only and not a host connector.
    If you have a PC, get a TB2 PCIe card.
    HP makes one and is pretty decent.
    Of course we have no idea what PC you have so that could be the holdup.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 7, 2017 at 11:18 pm in reply to: Disappointed

    Isnt this the same issue with the other NLE options ☺

    Where audio is always treated as a secondary.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 7, 2017 at 2:47 pm in reply to: Media Offline when use NAS over Network

    This is what I got from Synology on our issues:

    Hello Eric,
    Your RS2416+ has a built in indexing program, Universal Search. The MAC Finder feature of osX is able to integrate with the Universal Search feature and rely on the pre-indexed info the Standard Search Feature of osX is Searchlight, which can not integrate with the Universal Search Tool.
    Can you log into your DSM and make sure that the Universal Search tool is active and that the folders you want to index are selected; DSM > Main Menu > Universal Search > [gear icon] > Choose files to be indexed.
    Once the folders are indexed can you run a search with Universal Search and with finder and compare the results.

    I hope that works for you.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 7, 2017 at 1:01 pm in reply to: Media Offline when use NAS over Network

    Which NAS are you using?
    We have a Synology and it needed a complete cache read to avoid issues like that.
    I suggest not to use it for lengthy projects.
    Local drives are so cheap now.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 6, 2017 at 5:34 am in reply to: The new Mac Pro VS MSI?

    Speaking of buying a $17K system, has anyone ever had fun on the DELL site and see how high they can get a single workstation price up too ☺
    I do this when I’m bored at work and need a chuckle.
    I think I was at $88K at one point.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 5, 2017 at 4:59 am in reply to: AutoSync WTF!

    Thanks again Michael for the tips.

    I do have some questions.
    I can slip the audio using the Slip Left/Right 1 Perf buttons.
    Moves ever so slightly.
    However, I cant move it in larger increments and the smart tool doesn’t work in that Source Edit mode.
    I have some audio that is off by at least 20 seconds.

    I also tried that Source Settings audio slip option and it doesn’t make sense to me and even if it did you are right it’s clunky.

    I will keep trying to figure this out. I have a few hours downtime to make this work 🙂

  • Have you tried rendering to a different volume?

    Ive had issues where the drive was corrupted and would not let me finish a render.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 4, 2017 at 3:10 pm in reply to: AutoSync WTF!

    [Michael Phillips] “8.9.3 has Source Serttings slip sync now which allows you to slip sync even when in non-Film projects, but I find the the whole process slower, and the slip info does not conform in Pro Tools. “

    Thanks, Michael I will look into that.
    Sorry, I didn’t send you any files, I ran into a deadline that I would have never met using RCX.
    I did the MXF export from Resolve and got about 80% of the files synced in Avid using AutoSync.
    The rest will have to be done by hand and your post is going to help finish the rest.
    I will give it a try tonight.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 4, 2017 at 5:38 am in reply to: AutoSync WTF!

    I tried the perf audio sync workflow.
    I am still getting the video length issue I have mentioned earlier.
    Attached is a screenshot.
    You can see the length of the original MXF.
    The sync sub clip is again shorter in time length.
    On another note, once I have the sync sub clip loaded in the Source and able to click on the slip perf buttons without the audio rate error whats next?
    Michael had some awesome tips here https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/45/894844 but I’m stuck at “Put your timeline into source record view…”.
    Im on MC 8.9.3.

Page 178 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy