Forum Replies Created

Page 177 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    December 13, 2017 at 9:08 pm in reply to: iMac Pro 12/14

    I can understand how some would think that it’s going downhill.
    I mean, we got used to all the (almost) yearly refresh back in the cheese grate days.
    I just schedule my budgeting to Apple’s releases 😉

  • Eric Santiago

    December 13, 2017 at 8:34 pm in reply to: Retiming clips from RED camera files in Final Cut X

    Oops I got button happy there.
    120 fps divided by 25fps gives you 4.8.
    Set it to 4X then play with the percentages.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 13, 2017 at 8:32 pm in reply to: Retiming clips from RED camera files in Final Cut X

    Just drop the RED file into a 25fps Project.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 13, 2017 at 8:15 pm in reply to: How do I mask lens flare?

    Precomp the layers you want affected including the Adjustment layer with effect on it.
    You should have two layers after, one precomp with vector and lens effects then background.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 13, 2017 at 4:40 pm in reply to: Source clips squeezed

    What is your Avid project settings at?
    Look for aspect ratio and pixel size.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 13, 2017 at 2:19 pm in reply to: iMac Pro 12/14

    [Tom Sefton] “m still really intrigued to know what money you need to spend elsewhere to get real-time playback on full quality 5K Red raw footage with a single colour correction layer. And playback on a 5K monitor.”

    For the last two weeks I was doing it with 6K WS HELIUM for a full feature.
    The workstation was a beast. An HP Z840 w/32GB RAM and K5000 card.
    It was paired with a nMP D700 w/64GB RAM and that actually worked in Resolve timelines easily (as well as Avid the host NLE).
    But all that was using HD playback (Flanders, OSEE and Eizo CG247X).
    I have an LG 4K to work with but to date I cant really see the advantage (other than 1:1 viewing) using a small 4K display.
    I find it best to use something over 65″ for that kind of viewing.
    That HP was a ton of money that I would have thrown at the new iMac.

    Crossing fingers a client brings one for me to play with 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    December 13, 2017 at 2:03 pm in reply to: Source clips squeezed

    Ive had this issue with a 6K WS RED files whats your specs and project settings?

  • To his/her own in regards to platforms.
    I tend to lean on both at the same time.
    However, I can tell you so many instances where a fast/cheap PC doesn’t always relate to a good workflow.
    And then I ran into a beast of a system HP Z840 with a K5000 all great when it’s running but once something goes wrong, it’s not easy to deal with.
    PC/Mac user since 1994 here so a lot of experience.
    If you cant have both then good luck.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 10, 2017 at 5:29 pm in reply to: I finally understand modern digital editing…

    Gonna rip off the water reflection scene for myself ????

    Thanks Bill!!

  • Eric Santiago

    December 10, 2017 at 5:23 pm in reply to: 4K Monitor for Avid Mediacomposer

    You need an IO device e.g. BlackMagic UltraStudio 4K etc…

Page 177 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy