Forum Replies Created

Page 1161 of 1228
  • [Aanarav Sareen] “the more important question is: what do your customers want”

    If they have no idea that you exist, what they want is meaningless.

  • David Roth weiss

    March 17, 2006 at 11:16 pm in reply to: Is this possible? PLEASE HELP!!

    That does not work precisely with any authoring software I know of… There are ways to cheat, primarily by fading the audio out and then back in, but making precise and seamless cuts from chapter to chapter is not really possible.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 17, 2006 at 11:11 pm in reply to: DVD Pro Studio, Great, but need quick help

    Todd,

    I’m glad you like DVD Lab Pro. It has a great reputation, and I know many who use it, but I don’t know it well enough to help you. I do know there are several online tutorials on their website, and I hope a power user here will help you.

    Good luck,
    DRW

  • Nikki,

    The age-old business question is: “We have goods and services for sale, how do we tell potential customers that we exist?”

    Marketing is the answer, and there is a reason they teach marketing in business school in a four-year program, with an MBA program to follow. Its very hard work, and there’s a lot to learn. Keep in mind, they call the it, “the film business,” but, it should really be called, “the business of film,” putting the emphasis were it belongs.

    Until you get yoiur masters in marketing, try to see how others have sucessfully marketed their DVD biz, and try your best copy them.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 17, 2006 at 10:26 pm in reply to: HDV to DV

    Max,

    On my system the strobing does not happen and the results are exquisite. Try exporting to a QT file and dropping that on a DV timeline.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 17, 2006 at 7:23 pm in reply to: How to make high quality screen grabs?

    Scott,

    No offense, but this is like comparing a bottle rocket with a space shuttle. Using proprietary software encorporating very sophiticated algorithms to blend information from several video frames, I am able to create extremely high quality, high resolution, printable still images at 1800×1200 or 1440×960 pixels (depending on original video quality) from 720×480 DV files. The days of printing thumbnail-size prints to hide artifacts and pixelation are a thing of the past. Your solution using PhotoShop color correction and sharpening is a great way to save money my creating something passable that may suffice in a bind, but, since we all spend our lives telling stories visually, passable just isn’t good enough. The difference is astounding.

    Over the next few months you’ll hear all about it… Meanwhile, if you would like to see a sample, send me 12 frames of video at “drw at drwfilms dot com” and I’ll send you a watermarked trial print.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 17, 2006 at 7:24 am in reply to: still image compression

    James,

    The biggest problem of all is that you’re turning your high quality stills into DV quality video. If you cut them on an 8 or 10-bit uncompressed timeline you’d notice a huge difference in quality. In addition, your stills are quite large, too large really, especially if you are using FCP 4 or 4.5, which would be my guess. FCP ver 5 would handle stills of that size a lot better and would render much faster.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 16, 2006 at 4:37 am in reply to: Flattened 16×9 to widescreen QT file

    PK,

    You have not provided enough information. We don’t know the aspect ratio of your original film or of the telecine, and we don’t know any details of settings you’ve selected for your timeline. Its pretty tough to guess these things.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 16, 2006 at 4:03 am in reply to: How to make high quality screen grabs?

    Try the demo of PhotoZoom Pro fro yourself. I thought it added terrible artifacts and fringing.

  • David Roth weiss

    March 16, 2006 at 4:00 am in reply to: How to make high quality screen grabs?

    Hey there m!!! Look no further. Good news for you and everyone else here too, another Cow member and I are in the process of starting a new business entity creating high-quality, hi-res, print resolution stills from video using our proprietary software.

    I can’t divlulge too much now, however, if you send me two 12-frame video clips and indicate the precise frame you would most prefer on each clip, I will gladly forward two samples of our work for you to evaluate. The samples will me watermarked, however, if you like them, as I’m certain you will, we’ll be happy to let you have clean versions of those stills for free when you submit your first order. Feel free to contact me for more info at “drw at drwfilms dot com”. I look forward to hearing from you.

    DRW

Page 1161 of 1228

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy