Forum Replies Created

Page 1139 of 1228
  • Ed,

    The 5.1 and 5.1.1 upgrades say that roundtriping from STP is fixed. Why are you still running 5.0.4???

    DRW

  • Ed,

    The 5.1 and 5.1.1 upgrades say that roundtriping from STP is fixed. Why are you still running 5.0.4???

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    June 21, 2006 at 10:13 pm in reply to: My turn to seek advice

    Mark,

    Of course none of us ever intends to get into disputes, and all of us take up projects from time to time without deal memos, even though we all say we will never do it… I did it again… Stupid me…

    In any case, I have decided to take all emotion out the equasion. Its strictly business now — it is only proper that every project have credits that accurately reflect the participation of those who applied their talents to the effort. Thats my position and I will not waver…

    THNX for your input…

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    June 21, 2006 at 9:57 pm in reply to: My turn to seek advice

    [Michael Munkittrick] “Everything that you

  • Greg,

    As Walter says… And as a WMV junkie, I can tell you that Flip4Mac is a wonderful tool to have. It allows you to export WMV from just about everywhere you’d want it to — from the timeline using QT Conversion, from Compressor, from QT Player, etc. Although I’ve never used the feature, suposedly you can even cut WMF into your timelines as they are created inside QT wrappers in Flip4Mac.

    Enjoy…

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    June 21, 2006 at 7:07 pm in reply to: Anyone know how to import an OMF file?

    Thanks John!!! No wonder its not in the manual… Thank heaven the mixer gave me the AIFFs too…

    Most appreciative,
    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    June 20, 2006 at 11:10 pm in reply to: My turn to seek advice

    Great film lore Ron. And, its definitely food for thought. Nowadays however, the “last man standing” rule applies more than it once did. The unions try to arbitrate these matters in the most expeditious and businesslike manner, often casting creative input aside as it so often requires a judgement call thay are willing to make.

    Oddly, the previous editor is a member of the Editor’s Guild, and I am confident that the guild would not rule in her favor. My union would also probably rule in my favor, but, as this is a non-union project, this of course is all moot.

    When considering all the creative aspects, each of us added much to the project, and I am really quite willing share the credit. I’m certainly not satisfied with Editorial Consultant any longer, but I’m just not quite sure how far I should take the dispute. I have worked with this guy for a long time, and though he’s sometimes tough to deal with in some ways, he’s been very good to me over the long haul. Thats what makes the situation a bit tougher for me than it might normally be.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    June 20, 2006 at 9:45 pm in reply to: My turn to seek advice

    Thanks for your support Bob.

  • David Roth weiss

    June 20, 2006 at 9:07 pm in reply to: My turn to seek advice

    All good Bob… More grist for the mill.

    Problem is, I’m now inclined to drop down into second gear for the duration of the project. Throughout my career I’ve always prided myself on having one gear, which has always been full speed ahead. But, if treated unfairly on this one I will almost certainly lose the will to go the extra mile.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    June 20, 2006 at 8:50 pm in reply to: Y ? Y? Y? is audio dropping out

    Are you rendering audio??? You should…

Page 1139 of 1228

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy