David Bogie
Forum Replies Created
-
Since you don’t mention what they are or where you got them, you probably will need to reinstall the plugs form the original media or download them again from wherever you got them. Be ready to supply the serial numbers.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
wait, you wanna do this in AE or in Motion?
Make up your mind.bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
No. You are going to create a mask using any of several techniques and keyframe the mask shape.
Tricky parts are putting dots over Is and crossing Ts and making realistic pen lifts between words.You can also use a tablet and trace the lines of text using the write-on function. It never works for me.
We see this question often, there have been many dozens of threads and there are several tutorials on the topic.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
[Daniel Carbone] “It may come down to After Effects if I cant find anything simpler but right now Im hoping for some basic FCP transitions with a few adjustable parameters. “
Yar, understand. but none of the better tools are going to be free.
Hit toolfarm and search for FCP plugin suppliers, there are dozens, and some offer good ripple systems.
https://www.toolfarm.com/
https://www.toolfarm.com/plugins/index.php/Apple_Final_Cut_Pro_Plug-inshttps://www.toolfarm.com/plugins/index.php/CGM_DVE_Vol.2
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
Yes, I have this issue.
And I’ve figured out that it’s all my fault. You and I are probably hitting any of several keys or combos that exit the text entry field. It happens so quickly I don’t know I’m out of the text till I look up and see the wrong things happening.bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
[Mark O’Sullivan] “Unfortunately we’re still tied into a realmedia server and thats what we deliver. “
Then you need to talk to Real. You’re one of their last paying clients. Their solution will be a hardware encoder for PC.
I do not think there ever was a really Real exporter for FCP. It was most likely a third party codec. You probably got it with your support software package from Real.I do not wish to make light of your situation but your company is w-a-y out of touch with reality. Even if you you have billions of legacy movies, you can transcode them to a more suitable codec with any of several automated encoders. It is worth looking into to make your firm’s media resources useful into the future.
Flash is the winner in the online distribution wars. Flash Player can run many different codecs and H.264 is turning out to be the winner. All you do is change the .mov extension to .flv.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
Is there a 3D switch on someplace?
There are only two explanations I can think of, one is a 3D switch that shoudln’t be on or you have simply moved the anchor point of the layer that represents the precomp.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
Good lord, how did you ever find THAT?
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
Access to After Effects?
Super-realistic water ripples are easily created in Wave World. This is a generation system that creates grayscale movies that are used by other filters such as Colorama or Displacement.
I love Wave World.bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
Set an outpoint for the work are at the halfway point. Use work area for the render settings and see if that renders to completion.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”