Forum Replies Created

Page 935 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    June 20, 2008 at 4:52 pm in reply to: Titling Plugins?

    I think your comment is a perfect example of how it’s the app, not the plugin. Boris works differently on Avid vs FCP. I was an Avid editor since about the time of it’s public release and the following 10 or 12 years before moving to FCP. It is one of the things I miss about Avid. Then again so many Avid editors used Photoshop as their main titler.

    Heck I was a Chyron operator too on many projects and making changes over a live (and often playing) image, really is useful.

    I’ll certainly say live title preview would be nice but it certainly hasn’t been make or break for me in my choice of FCP as my NLE.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 20, 2008 at 4:06 pm in reply to: Titling Plugins?

    [Alan Okey] “Boris Title 3D is a joke. No live broadcast monitor previewing, no ability to compose over underlying video. It’s archaic. “

    I don’t think that’s a Boris problem. It’s an FCP problem. Live title preview would be great but I suspect it hasn’t been done in FCP because FCP itself doesn’t support it.

    [Alan Okey] “you’re much better off doing titles in something like Combustion”
    If you’re going to talk about Combustion then one may try this in Motion or Shake (although I haven’t).

    The OP asked about a plugin, not a separate app and didn’t say live preview was the issue. If FCP is the limiting issue then NO plugin would solve this.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 20, 2008 at 2:55 pm in reply to: Titling Plugins?

    Are you using Boris Titler or the horrible generic titler? Boris is quite good. Title 3D, Title Crawl, Vector Shape. It’s all in there already.

    You don’t say exactly what you’re looking for in a titler. There certainly a few plugins with specific features but you don’t say what you’re looking. The included titlers goes a long way for most professionals.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 19, 2008 at 11:02 am in reply to: MPEG2 Transport W/5.1 surround

    Have you looked at Telestream Episode Pro?

  • Craig Seeman

    June 19, 2008 at 12:05 am in reply to: ProMax Replacement?

    Tekserve in New York City. Mac only.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 17, 2008 at 2:37 pm in reply to: EX1 Compression & Workflow

    You won’t lose quality but you lose the advantage of faster than real time input. It may create organizational issues when you archive too. You’d have individual clips on the cards (backed up to?) and likely a continuous Pro Res clip in your project. I really can’t see too many reasons for going this route.

    Import from SxS cards and either convert to Pro Res or edit in XDCAM EX and set time renders to Pro Res. The latter is what I do.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 17, 2008 at 11:35 am in reply to: 16 GIG SxS card – SONY versus SANDISK

    The funny thing is why has it taken Sandisk so long to make the cards under their own name if they’re already making them for Sony.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 14, 2008 at 6:56 pm in reply to: XDCAM Transfer to FCP – duplicate clip PROBLEM

    2.7 works FINE for EX1. It has additional features for XDCAM HD422.

    Your reasoning makes no sense. It’s like saying there’s no reason to update Final Cut Pro, Vegas, Premiere because they’ve added support for an additional codec you don’t have.

    2.7 fixes bugs and has other minor improvements.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 12, 2008 at 1:43 pm in reply to: OT; Is this why Apple says Blue Ray who

    There are others

    https://www.vimeo.com/

    https://exposureroom.com/

    Any CableModem should handle 1700kbps as well as faster DSL. In my area fast DSL is 3000kbps and CableModem starts at 5000kbps. I have 30,000kbps.

    It doesn’t replace delivering on disc though but I suspect more people have fast DSL or CableModem than Blu-ray players at the moment.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 12, 2008 at 1:24 pm in reply to: A Reminder

    I love the way Sony notifies EX users about this. So far I’m only seeing this on the Canadian site.

Page 935 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy