Forum Replies Created

Page 936 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    June 11, 2008 at 12:43 pm in reply to: Canon AVCHD vrs SVP8

    Using Canon HF10 as a “b” camera. Works great in Final Cut Pro 6.0.3. Imports into FCP as AppleProRes422.

    I attach camera or card reader to computer. Using FCP Log and Transfer. Select Clips. Import. Converts to ProRes on the fly.

  • There’s always Apple Compressor. Comes with Final Cut Pro (actually Final Cut Studio).

    Management may have to measure the cost of compression app licenses against the lost time of redoing compressions and not making it to web on time due to reporter error.

  • There’s always Apple Compressor. Comes with Final Cut Pro (actually Final Cut Studio).

    Management may have to measure the cost of compression app licenses against the lost time of redoing compressions and not making it to web on time due to reporter error.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 10, 2008 at 8:16 pm in reply to: Flash Compression

    These days there’s very little to protect content on the web short of going a DRM route (and there are ways to break that too).

    I’d go so far as to say if you don’t want someone to download it, it shouldn’t be on the web sans DRM. Certainly there are ways to mask direct file links too but any screen capture utility renders that near useless.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 10, 2008 at 5:05 am in reply to: QuickTime 7.5 Now Available

    [Erik Naso] “Strange. My house alarm keeps going off since I updated.”

    Of course that’s part of all the noted security fixes. I have to check the locks on the door here.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 10, 2008 at 1:23 am in reply to: QuickTime 7.5 Now Available

    Showed up when I ran software update so I installed it.

    My dinner rebooted and my cat is now licking my Cinema Display. I’m going to check if my car starts or the price of gasoline dropped.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 9, 2008 at 10:40 pm in reply to: Flash Compression

    Try installing Perian 1.1 and checking your FLV in Quicktime. It’ll show it as 16:9 if your flv is actually 16:9.

    I’d remove Perian after that since it seems to be the source of some codec conflicts in my experience.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 9, 2008 at 10:37 pm in reply to: Flash Compression

    How are viewing the encoded file?

    I have Squeeze 5 and did an encode from DVCProHD to Flash 8 FLV 480×270 and tested in both Eltima’s free player and the new Adobe Media Player. Media Player makes it look as if it might be letterboxed since it is surrounded by black. Eltima’s flash player showed white background with a 16×9 image.

    I suspect your encode is 16:9 but there might be some confusion in how the player is showing it.
    You’re not getting an “odd” pixel shape are you?
    If you have it on line I can take a look there. There may well be some odd programing with your embedded player (swf). I have a hunch the flv itself is fine though.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 9, 2008 at 9:56 pm in reply to: Flash Compression

    The usual “20 questions”
    Quicktime what? Quicktime is a wrapper not a codec.
    Exactly what pixel dimensions is your source?
    BTW 16:9 source can be anamorphic such as DV or full square pixels such as various HD codecs.
    What version of Squeeze?

  • Craig Seeman

    June 9, 2008 at 9:09 pm in reply to: Camera to compliment EX-1

    We’re testing the Canon HF10. It’s flash card based and haven’t had any problems importing to Final Cut Pro with Log and Transfer utility which converts the AVCHD to Apple Pro Res.

Page 936 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy