Forum Replies Created

Page 918 of 1040
  • [Matt Sturns] “I bought an EX2 from B&H on August 23 and I got firmware 1.02.”
    There is no EX2. EX1 or EX3.
    [Matt Sturns] “My EX3 does not work out of the box with the PHU-60 and does not have the firmware upgrade I was told it would.”
    Are you saying you bought and EX3 with firmware 1.02? You’re post is a bit confusing.

    I think those who are having problems with the PHU-60 and the EX3 should check and pst their firmware version of the EX3 in that thread.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 28, 2008 at 12:57 am in reply to: EX3 SDI Output 23.98

    Thanks for that. The number of EX3 users are still scarce yet. One would guess it was implemented from the get go on the EX3 but Sony’s been a bit “odd” about firmware and the EX series so far. EX1 have 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.5 that I know of and each version fixed some bugs but Sony hasn’t offered them at all unless you happen to send in the EX reporting an issue.

    I’m wondering if everyone getting EX3 are getting the same firmware. tangential to original issue but I’m curious because it may mean different issue reports based on firmware. I was thinking this might be one of them since the OP mentioned a firmware upgrade.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 27, 2008 at 6:30 pm in reply to: XD Cam workflow

    “[Salvatore Interlandi] “If I shoot with the EX 3 onto cards at 35mbs – 4:2:0 color space and then edit in that codec – could I regain that color space when I out put or go to color correction? ” “

    One compromise is to set your EX sequence to render in Apple ProRes. As Don says, you wont regain the color info but all compositing and filters will happen in 4:2:2. I find this a good fast compromise especially if you don’t have the means to go to ProRes in realtime.

    [Don Greening] “the EX does not stream 1080p 24 through SDI (according to the EX manual). A future firmware upgrade may change that, which would be great.
    “

    Firmware upgrade EX1 1.11 will allow 24p PSF frames out of HD-SDI. I’m hearing it’ll be about 2 or 3 weeks . . . and then you’ll have to send your cameras in.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 27, 2008 at 5:03 pm in reply to: EX1 Flicker problem CMOS Chip?

    and you are turning Flicker Reduction On 60HZ for what reason?

  • Craig Seeman

    August 27, 2008 at 6:03 am in reply to: Things I learned from a film student

    Everybody knows THIS was Lucas’ first film. Sheesh!

  • Craig Seeman

    August 27, 2008 at 5:46 am in reply to: bad pans on my ex1 and ex3

    and you are seeing this line HOW?

    The WMV is not available but your source clip is. If you’re playing in ClipBrowser, XDCAM Transfer Tool, NLE, it is being scaled. Full screen on my 23″ Apple Cinema Display it looks fine. I haven’t checked on my 46″ HDTV yet though.

    I’d also ask why are you shooting HDV? Why would you want to risk breaking the codec?

    If you aren’t monitoring it properly you really can’t claim the accuracy of what you’re seeing. I certainly wouldn’t accept a WMV as verification either because not all compression software or would be compressioinist understand how to compress.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 25, 2008 at 9:32 pm in reply to: h.264 Export Desaturated/Washed Out

    MainConcept H264
    Dicas H264

    are both better H.264 encoding.

    On the Mac side
    MainConcept is used in Squeeze
    Dicas is used in Episode

  • Craig Seeman

    August 25, 2008 at 8:46 pm in reply to: XDCAM Clip Browser Split Folder

    [Wendi Koble] “it’s grayed out.”

    I’m not quite sure what is grayed out. Can you access the clips and play the files in the ClipBrowser.
    ClipBrowser 2 works a bit differently that ClipBrowser1.

    First I use CB2 to copy to a new folder. I then split in that folder. I used to be able to split right on the source SxS card but it doesn’t seem to do that anymore.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 25, 2008 at 6:36 pm in reply to: Ex1 and Phu-60 ?

    I don’t know about the door but I believe you’ll need to update the EX1 firmware to version 1.11 to handle the drive. I believe the firmware update is $100 (it’s not free!) in addition to the cost of shipping, insurance, downtime. You’d think Sony would offer a modified door to match the EX3 but I haven’t heard anything like that yet either.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 25, 2008 at 4:07 pm in reply to: back-up to DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL????

    I wouldn’t trust most “consumer” brands for archival. There’s never a “good price” for loosing masters forever.

    I use Verbatim DataLifePlus
    P/N 95123
    DVD+R DL
    You can get them from B&H or other major professional media carriers.

Page 918 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy