Chris Poisson
Forum Replies Created
-
Episode and Squeeze both make Flash movies.
-
You can capture to DVCPRO HD with your Kona and would join the company of many here who do this. Compressor pretty much scales HD files down to SD automatically, you have to tell it how to crop it, and there are a few quality settings you can mess with. I don’t know what Compressor does with HDV, that format scares me.
How are you doing this now?
-
You can export for the Web from Quicktime, your codec selection is up to you and what v. of QT your viewers have, in a perfect world you’d use H-264, but then…
Mpeg 4 is a good bet, select a frame size around 320×240, 15 fps, limit your data rate to around 800 and see what size file you get. If it’s too big lower the data rate.
-
Dan,
You missed my point, take a look at Conduit for DV keying, it’s quite different.
-
BabaG,
Geez, why so many monitors? Plus, two graphics cards just seems unnecessary. What about an NTSC monitor? That’s what you really need to judge color and adjust properly.
Take a look at the Matrox MXO which can feed multiple monitors without tieing up a slot.
-
Matt,
I am getting a signal to my SD monitor on my DL setup. It’s kinda screwy, it’s hooked up to an old Beta machine, which works for capture and that’s about it. But the system works in uncompressed 8 and 10 bit and in a 720p project it does send a signal to the monitor it’s just not entirely normal. It appears full screen when paused and plays in a half size window in real time when playing.
My DL settings are input yrb analog and output Y (composite) to the composite in on my monitor. It’s a JVC 17″ with no 16×9 setting, so the full image is squished.
BTW this system is a G4 dual 1.42 with 2 gigs of RAM running Tiger 10.4.8, FCP 4.5 and DL 4.8.1r2 drivers. Back when I had this card and machine were my main system, I treid putting in the 5.0 drivers but it would not work right.
So it would seem BM has a leg to stand on, but maybe just one. Personally I’ve followed advice above and got a Kona LH last year, couldn’t be more pleased.
-
Wayne,
Double LOL, in 1988 I bought a Mac Plus, (B&W, 8″ screen, no hard drive) and a 20 meg hard drive that I thought was huge, all for a whopping $2 THOUSAND!
I was mostly a print guy then, remember sitting with damn little thing learning Quark Xpress on weekends!
Thanks for the tip DRW.
-
Hmmm,
Didn’t mean to call you guys on the carpet, I was misinformed, sorry. I will try my DLSP with some HD files and report back.
-
Joe and Jeremy,
Matt has a legitimate issue here. He copied and pasted directly from BM’s site, I don’t see any fine print about this.
Matt,
I have a DL SP card hooked up to my G4, I will put in an HD file and see what’s up with the DC, but in the meantime, open your DL control panel and mess around with your settings. This has to work. On my other machine, I’ve go a Kona LH which has very specific controls for downconverting to an SD monitor, haven’t tried this yet on my DL but will and I’ll get back to ya.
-
Sounds good, just hope we don’t loose the presonal attention Peder always brought. Others should learn to emulate him.