Chris Harlan
Forum Replies Created
-
Chris Harlan
June 12, 2012 at 10:25 pm in reply to: Can we talk about the Retina MBP for just one second?[Jeremy Garchow] “I apologize for apologizing?”
No. Its Herb that needs to apologize. And, since we know he won’t do it, I’ll apologize for him. And THAT is something I will NOT apologize for.
I think I covered all bases there.
-
Chris Harlan
June 12, 2012 at 10:21 pm in reply to: Can we talk about the Retina MBP for just one second?[Jeremy Garchow] “Part of me doesn’t care about what Apple’s future may entail, and then I start to think about a facility switch to Windows, and I start to care a little more again.”
Yup.
[Jeremy Garchow] “I need a truly mobile workstation until about the fall. The Retina MBP might just fit that ticket, but it makes me a little uneasy at how inaccessible it is, and unproven, but it sure seems to be a powerhouse in a small form factor.
“Its a cool looking thing. I want one. I just don’t know the degree to which I’m on board any more. Of course, even if you order today, it looks like it will take a couple of weeks to a month to get it. My personal choice, with something like that is to wait awhile, for there WILL be bugs.
But, yeah–in general I’m feeling about how you are. Which way is up? I think its a little to the left. The Usher album is pretty good.
-
Chris Harlan
June 12, 2012 at 10:12 pm in reply to: Apple Confirms New Mac Pros and iMacs in 2013-Forbes[Michael Hadley] “Or, like most of us, you can tough it out “
Most of us? I’ve seen a lot of high end movement over the last several years to the much faster PC environment. Only thing keeping me behind right now is ProRes. Its been a long time since Apple’s high end was in such disarray. Frankly, its shameful. You know, a joke. The only thing they have going for them currently is that they’re an island, and getting to the main land can be a little difficult. Apple does make some great products, but their current line of workstations suck.
-
Chris Harlan
June 12, 2012 at 9:43 pm in reply to: Apple Confirms New Mac Pros and iMacs in 2013-Forbes[Michael Hadley] “They are on record as promising to deliver new iMacs and MacPros in 2013. It doesn’t get any more official than that.”
Bull Schlitz
-
Chris Harlan
June 12, 2012 at 9:01 pm in reply to: What the new Mac Pro means for those evaluating FCP X[Tim Wilson] “Of course, if the Mac Pro already does, I apologize. There’s an awful lot of new specs to wade though, so I may just have missed it.”
ROTFL!
-
[Lance Bachelder] “Seriously though – what gives? Seems like some internal confusion at Apple that I’ve never seen in the past…
“I don’t know. It’s crazy though. They rewrote the entire Mac Pro page to remove all references to Nehalem and Westmere, making the only reference to the actual CPUs a buried page where they were listed by number and not by name, something that Apple has not done before. So, somebody there knew that “Westmere” would be a dead give-away that any significant change had not come. A little slick, no?
-
Chris Harlan
June 12, 2012 at 8:18 pm in reply to: Apple Confirms New Mac Pros and iMacs in 2013-Forbes[Jim Wiseman] “I think the title of the article and the first paragraph are specific, iMac and Mac Pro.
“It doesn’t work that way, Jim. The only thing that counts is what Apple actually said. Everything else is the conjecture of the writer, or in this case, writers. You can get all warm and fuzzy if you want, but for me, there is no “there” there.
-
Chris Harlan
June 12, 2012 at 8:05 pm in reply to: Apple Confirms New Mac Pros and iMacs in 2013-Forbes[Jim Wiseman] “Good to get an Apple corporate confirmation that the Mac Pro line will continue in the future.”
I don’t think you have that confirmation. You only have confirmation that there will be desktops.
-
Cineform’s great, but that kind of decision is way out of my hands. My clients are divisions of tier one entertainment corps., so there is a complicated set of overlays, ranging from financial to political (and even geo-political), that set what’s what.
-
[Jim Wiseman] “Apple confirms (really) new MacPros and iMacs in 2013 in Forbes. See my most recent post.
“Not quite. Apple confirms new desktops in 2013. That’s a very different thing.