Forum Replies Created

Page 115 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    April 12, 2011 at 5:19 pm in reply to: custom compressor presets keep coming back….

    yeah one system drive

  • [Paul Jay] “Proper Audio meters,
    Proper AudioUnit Integration

    I want ALL soundtrack Pro plugins directly in FCP including visual representation of the Plugins.
    No crappy sliders. Just the Plugin Interface.”

    agree with no sliders.

    but what do you mean by proper audio meters?

    I find the audio mixer meters work quite well, though
    a VU and simultaneous digital readout somewhere would be kinda cool.

  • where did the 5.1 audio come from?
    A pro-tools session?

    need to add any details you have on the surround mix.

  • Chris Borjis

    April 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm in reply to: The new name

    and packaged with “Blu-Ray Studio Pro”

  • Chris Borjis

    April 7, 2011 at 4:29 pm in reply to: Workflow for XDCAM?

    I’ve done quite a bit of XDCAM and this is what I do.

    do the xdcam xfer, while in xfer you can find out what flavor
    of xdcam it is, ie 1080P 30 VBR etc…. to load the appropriate easy setup.

    then edit in an xdcam timeline in final cut pro..BUT change
    the render settings of the xdcam sequence to ProRes, that way you
    don’t have to render the whole timeline.

    This has worked well for me for quite some time.

    Save often. if you happen to have multiple timelines open you will likely get the spinning beach ball and a crash. This is a characteristic of fcp7 with xdcam and having multiple sequences open.

  • Chris Borjis

    April 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm in reply to: Easy way to put a logo bug without rendering?

    yes there is.

    If you have a Kona or Decklink card, you can overlay a graphic in real time while outputting to tape.

  • Chris Borjis

    March 31, 2011 at 4:53 pm in reply to: Reliable FCP Braodcast Safe Filter

    I need to ask, is the broadcast safe filter really that unreliable?

    I’ve found that if I check the luma levels on all clips in a sequence and adjust down those that are out of bounds, then apply the safe filter on extremely conservative….I never have problems.

    The question: is it only “unreliable” for those that don’t have time to color correct their sequences?

  • just for the heck of it, try converting that non pro res footage to pro res.

    It’s all the same frame rate right?

  • Chris Borjis

    March 23, 2011 at 4:09 pm in reply to: Multiple codecs issue

    As long as the framerate is the same it should work quite well.

    Set the render codec in the sequence setting to ProRes for best results.

  • Chris Borjis

    March 17, 2011 at 12:07 am in reply to: How can one get a g5 or g4 to run FCP 7?

    imac

Page 115 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy