Forum Replies Created

Page 113 of 403
  • [Ryan Knight] “I was exporting 4K 10-bit DPX sequences from REDCINE-X after doing a one-light, then exporting that sequence out Shake as ProRes 4444 QTs and then cutting in 4444 and doing a CC in Color.”

    That seems nearly impossible with your configuration.

    I’m sure apple would love to examine your system.

  • Chris Borjis

    April 23, 2011 at 12:20 am in reply to: BMD Media Express 3 in June

    [Eric Jurgenson] “With a 3rd party export to tape app, you would probably have to export your sequence to a file first – an extra step.”

    For 95% of my projects I have to do that anyways for Blu-Ray/DVD/web versions.

  • Chris Borjis

    April 22, 2011 at 5:37 pm in reply to: BMD Media Express 3 in June

    I’ve done a lot of capturing and edit to tape over the years
    and it wouldn’t bother me at all….not one bit….if I could capture or output to tape and edit at the same time.

  • mine says happy easter

  • Chris Borjis

    April 21, 2011 at 9:13 pm in reply to: FCP 7 and HD MPEG2 Transport Stream

    I know, it’s really silly to be jacked up that high.

    I have heard it’s best not to question them though 😉

  • Chris Borjis

    April 21, 2011 at 12:10 am in reply to: FCP 7 and HD MPEG2 Transport Stream

    [Michael Gissing] “I strongly suspect a typo. Most broadcasters use data rates around 8Mbs, not 80.”

    not a typo.

    KGW HD only takes mpeg2 streams at 80mbps.
    DirecTV takes them at 50mbps.

    What they broadcast and what they accept as deliverables are 2 different things.

  • several have mentioned that 3 point editing with a source window will be a configuration you can set it for.

  • Chris Borjis

    April 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm in reply to: FCP 7 and HD MPEG2 Transport Stream

    [Rafael Amador] “Where I don’t see the point is in converting 50Mbps stuff (XDCAMHD422) to 80Mbps.”

    He said it’s for delivery to a tv station/network.

    Thats the good reason 🙂

    One of our local stations gets them that same way 80mbps.
    It is over kill, but thats the requirement.

  • Chris Borjis

    April 20, 2011 at 5:44 pm in reply to: EDL is dead… Long live XML!

    I’ve not done an EDL for 6 years now.

    Thats when we were offlining in Avid and conforming & onlining with Discreet *smoke.

    Have not had a use for it since switching to FCP and only onlining.

    But thats just me.

  • Chris Borjis

    April 20, 2011 at 5:34 pm in reply to: FCP 7 and HD MPEG2 Transport Stream

    or if you own After Effects CS4 or later you can use adobe media encoder.

Page 113 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy