Forum Replies Created

Page 112 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    May 9, 2011 at 5:52 pm in reply to: Blu-Ray Thoughts?

    [Cody Walters] “Can you explain how Encore is a dud when it comes to Blu-ray?”

    play buttons not available even though you set it to be a play button (just one example I know of)

    Brad, one option that may work for you is DVDitPRO HD.

    It works pretty well and costs a few hundred….pc required.
    It has it’s share of issues, but works better than the others for the cost.

    You might also look at TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4.

    DOSTUDIO is a great app. I think the indie edition would work, but you should check the dostudio wiki to confirm.

  • Chris Borjis

    May 4, 2011 at 9:05 pm in reply to: remember the old days!

    [Craig Seeman] ” do think some post houses are going to look at FCPX and iMac Thunderbolt as an affordable way to add seats even it may be limited to the kinds of jobs it can handle at first.”

    thats what I’m doing 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    May 4, 2011 at 6:03 pm in reply to: best H.264 compression out of FCP

    The issue you are having…

  • Chris Borjis

    May 4, 2011 at 5:41 pm in reply to: remember the old days!

    [Craig Seeman] “Given that one wont be able to install an nVidia card in an iMac,”

    do the new iMac’s come with a powerful nVidia chipset?
    (suitable for gpu acceleration?

  • Chris Borjis

    May 3, 2011 at 10:38 pm in reply to: best H.264 compression out of FCP

    sometimes you have to delete your render files…

  • HDV Project?

    If not, give the details…

  • Chris Borjis

    April 29, 2011 at 10:33 pm in reply to: Cutting a project from ProRes 422 HQ

    [Damon Packard] “i have read that ONLY FCP 7 can handle Pro Res HQ”

    that would actually be Pro Res LT

    and as far as intel processors required….yes but only for capturing.

    you cannot capture pro res hq in HD on even a quad G5.

    I used to have one and it never worked even though apple said it would.

  • [Alan Okey] “I’ve also heard that to really be fast in Smoke, you need to have a thorough command of its keyboard shortcuts…”

    We hired a free-lance smoke editor once for a pretty sophisticated job (tons of animated elements and keying required) that had to be done in an impossible short time.

    Watching her push the limits of that then cutting edge SGI hardware was a sight to behold!

  • [walter biscardi] “I LIKE this…..”

    I like your color correction layout!

    adopting it for my use 🙂

  • [Aindreas Gallagher] “a mate, who is a smoke op, looked at the new FCP interface off the demo and declared it rather tasty”

    as did i.

    I’ve got a smoke 3.6.1* sitting in the basement…worthless now but cost a 1/4 mill back in the day.

    The interface for fcp x reminded me of it too.

Page 112 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy