Forum Replies Created

Page 111 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    May 18, 2011 at 6:56 pm in reply to: quicktime .mov files losing sync on import

    is the audio 16-bit 48khz?

  • Chris Borjis

    May 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm in reply to: animation codec from flash to final cut

    a lot of flash videos are or were 12fps.

    You need to bring them into after effects, interpret them as 12fps, then render them out as prores 24p , so that they work the way you want in final cut pro.

  • Chris Borjis

    May 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm in reply to: Aspect Ratio Blues

    [Richard Hendrick] “I will be putting an STL file of subtitles on this in DVD Studio Pro before going to final DVD. Any precautions?”

    I’m glad you asked that….

    When the .stl is made, make sure that the timecode entries match the sequence.

    If the sequence is drop-frame, make sure the timecode entries in the .stl also are drop-frame otherwise it will fail on import.

  • Chris Borjis

    May 12, 2011 at 4:36 pm in reply to: On Computer Looks Great, DVD looks Terrible

    After a previous employee mismanaged some media on a (fortunately for us) internal holiday video piece all we had as a master was a reference file which of course wouldn’t work since the media was missing…..from then on the rule changed.

  • Chris Borjis

    May 11, 2011 at 10:59 pm in reply to: Aspect Ratio Blues

    funny experience with that.

    I had someone edit an entire 30 minute program.

    the footage was 720P HDV.

    They had edited the entire thing in a DV sequence and didn’t realize anything was wrong until I pointed it out.

  • Chris Borjis

    May 11, 2011 at 10:59 pm in reply to: Routers

    ah understood. I guess i only have a single “streak” of a star then to the main room, since it’s hooked up that way.

    The 2nd room with the ground loop, I only use SDI so it’s not a real problem, but thats good do know.

  • Chris Borjis

    May 11, 2011 at 10:49 pm in reply to: On Computer Looks Great, DVD looks Terrible

    [David Roth Weiss] “There is a good reason I always suggest self contained and never suggest reference files, and I suggest you consider doing the same. There isn’t a single new FCP user who hasn’t been burned by a QT reference file gone bad,”

    absolutely true.

    reference files are not allowed at my facility.

    As for other settings, turn on the frame controls, set the resize for best quality.

    try the bitrate at 6mbps max. 5-7mbps is a good range.

  • Chris Borjis

    May 11, 2011 at 10:45 pm in reply to: Relink Render Files – is this possible?

    That seems more complicated than at needs to be at first glance.

    I keep everything together on my RAID during a project.

    When I archive it, EVERYTHING gets backed up to its own folder on another drive. I actually DELETE the render folder though. Sometimes keeping renders is a bad thing.

  • Chris Borjis

    May 11, 2011 at 4:10 pm in reply to: Routers

    Star distribution?

    Can you elaborate on that?

    We do have an industrial grade power conditioner in the building and it still persists, but only over analog video, from one edit suite to another. The machine room to the main edit suite is fine because they are all on the same ups backup power system, but not the room with the ground gremlin.

  • Chris Borjis

    May 10, 2011 at 11:12 pm in reply to: Routers

    [Mark Spano] “For the cost, since you’ve got two rooms going on line, I’d just invest in proper patchbays for SDI and RS-422.”

    agreed!

    Thats what I did at my facility a few years back. works great, except for the ground loop over analog video, but not a problem with SDI

    I use simple cat-5 ethernet cabling to patch and wire my rs-422.
    One of the engineers from a local radio station showed me that.

    neat trick!

Page 111 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy