Forum Replies Created

Page 104 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    June 23, 2011 at 8:14 pm in reply to: Pro Applications Updater Removed from Apple Site

    [Brian Charles] ” while FCP 7 runs under Lion, the installer is PPC and won’t run in Lion.”

    huh?!?

    I saw someone else state that as well.

    makes no sense, fcp 7 only works on intel hardware, ppc no supported.

  • [Stefan Buhrmester] “I’m running the DP4 Update 1 of Lion and it does not add any features to FCPX.

    Seriously, what do you guys expect?”

    features added later when Lion is in full release to the rest of the world.

    I wasn’t meaning it would work any different with version 1.0 on Lion.

    1.x releases ON Lion.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 23, 2011 at 4:53 pm in reply to: Apologists have missed a key point

    Until Lion comes out and possibly enables fcp x to run/function the way it was meant to be…apple gets a pardon from me.

    Before the fcp as we know it could work with I/O cards I had zero use for it….that changed.

    Chris Kenny, It’s refreshing to see your positive outlook on things here. I find myself eager to read your postings when they pop up.

  • [Andrew Corneles] “snow leopard was going to coincide (or they were waiting for it)
    with bringing 64 to FCP”

    The more I read about snow leopard the more It seems like a 64-bit “band aided” O/S than a native full on 64-bit O/S as in Lion.

  • ha ha Mark

  • [Russell Lasson] “We’ll see what Lion brings in July.”

    exactly! thats what I’m waiting for now before making any judgements.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 23, 2011 at 4:24 pm in reply to: The future of Final Cut PRO

    It’s quite possible that much more functionality will be added once Lion is released. That’s what it was built for. Chris Kenny was examining the fcp x code and found hints of disabled XML import/export and some other findings.

    All is not lost….at least yet.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 22, 2011 at 11:40 pm in reply to: Day 2 – Holy Smoke

    To be fair some of the features are not included because they will require Lion O/S.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 22, 2011 at 11:36 pm in reply to: Going to Avid…but don’t want to

    Agree with all of you.

    I’m not in a huge hurry to switch over, but I might have to within the next 2 years.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 22, 2011 at 11:34 pm in reply to: Will ap[ple Drop suport for FCP 7?

    [Greg Burke] “I’ve just never seen H.264 be a Legit codec to cut Creatively on”

    Thats what the Canon 5D stuff is though. and the only reason to convert it was for easier playback (to prores) sure you would want that rendered and exported as something else if at all possible to avoid generation degradation.

Page 104 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy