Forum Replies Created

Page 188 of 258
  • Charlie Austin

    October 5, 2013 at 6:08 pm in reply to: Interesting email

    [Erik Lindahl] “Exactly my point. They’ve in a way failed at the starting line then”

    Not really. I actually prefer a HUD if done well. There’s nothing to stop anyone from creating one that fills up with anything they’re able to fill it with, as long as it conforms to the X UI. What’s the difference?

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 5, 2013 at 6:02 pm in reply to: My top want for 10.1….

    [Bret Williams] “If someone has to TELL Apple things like that, then they shouldn’t be making NLE software.”

    Well, yeah, but what I’m saying is that Apple prioritizes changes/new features they have planned in X based on the feedback they get. The more requests, the sooner it’s likely to appear. Things like “bring back tracks!’ get ignored, but requests for features they either have planned, or are actually good ideas, help push them out faster. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 5, 2013 at 5:23 pm in reply to: My top want for 10.1….

    I’d imagine something like that would be do-able. Send feedback if you haven’t, they actually do read that stuff. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • FWIW, that’s not the case with all transitions. Specifically with “Dip to Color” , you can adjust the mid-point with a slider in the inspector, effectively letting you choose to start at the beginning, end, or anywhere in between the 2 clips. Way better than the “old” way. Sadly, that adjustment doesn’t exist in the Dissolve. Send feedback! 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 5, 2013 at 4:53 pm in reply to: Interesting email

    [Craig Seeman] “significant improvement in Roles to better handle some of the organizational functions people keep insisting they need tracks for.”

    I’d like to see that too. That and fixing bugs, which I’m sure Apple are aware of, would be really nice, and leverage the relatively untapped power of Roles vs. tracks. FWIW, the more I mess with them, I’m finding that secondary storylines replace most of the functionality of tracks. With the added benefit of only being there when you need them. It’ll be interesting to see what they come up with to enhance Roles for visual organization (and maybe bussing/mixing).

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 5, 2013 at 4:01 pm in reply to: Interesting email

    [Bret Williams] “Tracks?”

    LOL. Not gonna happen. They’d give it a light grey interface before they’d do that. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 2, 2013 at 10:43 pm in reply to: Reccomended setup/workflow for music video in FCPX

    Or, if all your shots/scenes have common names and are numbered (party bus-x, band shots – x closeupA-x) Create a Smart Collection for each name, and all the shots will just end up there without you needing to do anything else, even if you import new shots with those names…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 1, 2013 at 10:47 pm in reply to: Timeline Index Question

    [Jordan Mena] “Ok, got it guys. but know when I select a certain media type. For example I have tagged my Voice over = VO for roles. but when i select it, it thinks its dialogue. And clips that are Video/Dialog are highlighted when I click on VO roles in the timeline index. Is this a bug?
    “

    Just to rehash for posterity….

    Clips with Roles set in the Event browser will keep these Roles when cut into a timeline. However, any clips that were cut into a timeline before you set/changed the Master Clip Role in the Event Browser will not have the Role. So if you cut anything in before you changed the Event Browser clip Role to VO, it will have the Default “dialog” Role. If this is the case, simply select the clips in the timeline with incorrect Roles and change their Role in the Inspector. You can do this with multiple clips selected.

    Also, in 10.0.9, Multichannel source clips with multiple Roles (dialog, music, effects) will highlight when any of those Roles are selected, even if one or more of the selected Roles are disabled. *This* is a bug, and will hopefully be fixed soon.

    Maybe one of those things is what’s happening?

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • [Justin Crowell] “I’ve found the keyword, timeline, and assorted other animations REALLY irritating. They are jumpy (though I suppose they would work better on an iMac currently than a Mac Pro), slow, and (IMO) get in my way.”

    I agree to some extent, though you’re right that they’re not as jumpy on an iMac as my old Mac Pro, and my guess would be they’ll be even less so on the tube. It’s seems to get more fluid with each update as well. That said, I hope they’re working on optimizing some of that code. I don’t really notice it much anymore, but when I do, it is annoying. Doesn’t really get in my way though, I guess because I’m used to it now…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    September 30, 2013 at 3:11 pm in reply to: In a bit of a muddle with compound clips

    [Ronny Courtens] “Great thread with some great ideas indeed!

    Compound clips used to bug down FCPX in earlier versions. Today I can see no performance issues with using CCs.”

    Agreed. 🙂 Although personally I wouldn’t make any drastic workflow changes ’til I see what Apple has cooked up in the next version of X. I make lots of versions as I go along, and duplicating in the Project Library for versioning is what I do now FWIW…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

Page 188 of 258

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy