Forum Replies Created

Page 175 of 258
  • Charlie Austin

    November 10, 2013 at 7:55 pm in reply to: Some more detail Qs about FCPX

    What Jari said. 🙂 One thing though…

    [Jari Innanen] “Too bad the Logic effects like PlatinumVerb or Space Designer don’t work so you have to use the Final Cut ones.
    “

    Sure they do. I have Logic installed and both those plugins appear and work fine. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 10, 2013 at 7:49 pm in reply to: how to detach audio from multi clip

    [Jeremy Garchow] “You can’t.

    You have to tediously find the source and add another instance of the audio to the timeline.”

    This is something that has annoyed folks for a while. Hopefully it’ll change with the next version…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 10, 2013 at 2:06 am in reply to: FCPX TV-doc timelapse

    [Craig Shields] “Has anyone ever done a comparison video of the same project done in X and PP?”

    Don’t know about that, but Aindreas posted a pretty cool PPro time-lapse the other day. What I find cool is not so much time compressed cutting – that always looks cool – but the the end product. My guess would be, at least in terms of audio, the same cut in a tracked NLE would have looked way more complicated… Also, the trailer/teaser for the show Jari added to his post is really well done. leaving aside the software, it looks like a pretty crazy show…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 10, 2013 at 12:53 am in reply to: new MacPro in action, or trash can?

    Subwoofer? Honestly, it looks too big to be a tube but who knows…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 9, 2013 at 7:20 pm in reply to: Honestly, who cares?

    [Julian Bowman] “Honestly, who, of sound mind and a general sense of peace within themselves, genuinely cares a single iota what anybody else thinks of the software they use?

    Does my choosing of FCPX make it better than PP? No. Should anyone in the world give a toss that I use FC over PP or Avid? No.”

    I totally agree.

    [Julian Bowman] “This forum has so many positive contributors who offer up information about a raft of different things that are useful for people to read about and listen to.

    It also has a few resident trolls who appear to have invested the entirety of their metaphysical existence on the global and fundamentalist acceptance that FCPX is, somehow, Godlike in its concept and execution.”

    Yep. It’s ridiculous and, oddly, embarrassing.

    Honestly, the reason I participate in the “debates” (before they devolves into name-calling) is motivated by selfishness. I prefer cutting in X. I work in a “niche’ industry where X does require some workarounds and where some people – coming from FCP 7 – don’t want to or can’t be bothered to learn a new way of doing things. That’s the allure of Premiere. It’s the same. Sure, you need to learn how the app works, but the timeline is essentially the same as everything that came before it. And that’s not a putdown of Premiere. It’s a great NLE. Honestly that (and price of course) was what helped FCP gain ground in the beginning as well. You could be an Avid editor, and get up to speed in FCP in a day or two. You could hit the ground running.

    But when you hit the ground in X, it’s as though you landed on the moon. Things are both the same, and very very different. Add to that all the FUD still floating around, and it’s still a hard sell.

    So, back to selfishness… 🙂 If “everybody” – In the tiny percentage of all editors that comprise my niche – switches to Adobe or Avid, then I will be forced to follow the herd. And because I prefer cutting in X – because it’s awesome 😉 – I’d like to be able to continue to do so. And so, since people do seem to come here to the Cow to gauge what “the Pro’s” are using, I continue to come here to try to cajole people into giving it a shot. In my experience, people who do, discover that they like it. As people continue to do so, I can continue to use it. Everything revolves around me!! 🙂

    So… I really don’t care what anyone thinks of my choice of NLE, but what others think affects my ability to be able to choose to use it. Thus, I am still here blathering away… 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 9, 2013 at 6:39 pm in reply to: FCPX TV-doc timelapse

    [Bret Williams] “Wow. If I did one of those I think half my screenshots would look like this though…”

    LOL… Post of the day…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • [Bernhard Grininger] “if a iMovie’13 Library
    could be directly stored on a common NAS share?”

    I was messing with it at work the other day and don’t think you can, though I’m not positive.

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 9, 2013 at 4:59 pm in reply to: 60i Sequence Settings in FCPX??

    I may be mistaken, but you should be able to just make a new project, check the “set based on first clip” button in the settings dialog, and cut in a clip to set the sequence format.

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 9, 2013 at 4:54 pm in reply to: FCPX TV-doc timelapse

    It’s from the NEPAL episode of this reality show:

    https://www.jimtv.fi/ohjelmat/arman-ja-viimeinen-ristiretki/ohjelman-etusivu

    There seem to be a couple clips if you scroll down. As the language is indecipherable to me, i can’t be sure though. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 9, 2013 at 3:51 pm in reply to: FCPX TV-doc timelapse

    [Ronny Courtens] ” FCPX workflows:”

    Interesting comparison, as Aindreas posted a PPro time-lapse the other day. This project seems a little more involved….

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

Page 175 of 258

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy