Forum Replies Created

Page 141 of 508
  • Yeah I have R17 and I know they did work on the .obj importer in 17 and/or 16. Here is the result you get 9512_123dbymaterials.zip I don’t know if that is useful to you as I haven’t used BP that much and have only a rudimentary understanding – what I have done leads me to believe it does have a fair amount of power if it can do what you ask I don’t know. I know Adam has talked about UVLayout as being easier in the past.

  • Brian Jones

    November 27, 2015 at 3:26 am in reply to: Animations’ speed

    do you know about f-curves? They’re not really hard but if you don’t know you’d have to see a tutorial probably. By default C4D sets all animations to have an ease-in and ease-out of the motion (it works well for characters and things like vehicles starting out and stopping but not everything). Check out this tutorial https://www.thepixellab.net/c4d-quick-tip-bezier-splines-and-camera-animation-fcurves it’s quick and might not have enough info but it does have a tips at the end for making the default without the ease-in and out

  • Brian Jones

    November 26, 2015 at 5:51 pm in reply to: GI Flickering – missing something.

    bounce 0, collision noise 0 are perfect so all good there. Once the first set of dominos set the ball in motion you should be able to quiet the movement in the dominos using the tricks in the Help/CINEMA 4D/CINEMA 4D Visualize, Broadcast, Studio/Dynamics/Tips and Tricks/The Party’s Over section. As long as the ball and the first set of domino’s and the second set of dominos are using different dynamics tags

  • Brian Jones

    November 26, 2015 at 1:54 am in reply to: GI Flickering – missing something.

    some of what I think I see as flickering (and I don’t think it’s too noticeable – remember how long it’s on screen for and that your audience hasn’t seen it a thousand times before like you have) is the dominos rattling on each other at the end (like they would not do in real life) – it’s not a lot but it’s there, I think if you could quiet that motion it would help.

  • Brian Jones

    November 24, 2015 at 7:33 pm in reply to: Keyframed objs + Random Effector = Broken Animation

    you probably want the Random Mode in the random effector to be Noise or Turbulence those are smoothly animated noises, the Random and Gaussian are truly random.

  • Color is a massive subject. Hopefully, your provided PSD is in RGB mode rather than CMYK. In R17 you can pick the colors from that document directly, if not you can still create a color swatch set by copying the values in PS to C4D – you can then use those in your materials.

  • Brian Jones

    November 24, 2015 at 3:35 pm in reply to: Fixing round object pole in sub-div surface

    this is normal for triangles at the top of a sphere in a SubD only way to fix it is (with the normal sphere) is to add more loops close to the top – here’s a set of sphere’s I did back in the days of HyperNurbs one with even number of Segments one with odd

    9501_sphereinsubdperfect.c4d.zip

  • Brian Jones

    November 24, 2015 at 2:26 am in reply to: Why wont this render?

    it’s the Subdivision Surface above the Spline Wrapped Bubble Tubing, turn it off – the Bubble Sweep is already very smooth – if the Wire Mold Sweep needs to be smoothed either remake it with more sides to the n-side or change as is from Linear to BSpline or something

  • Brian Jones

    November 22, 2015 at 5:21 am in reply to: Hair Issue (Why is this happening?????)

    any success with this?

  • Brian Jones

    November 22, 2015 at 5:19 am in reply to: Modelling a bowl of peas and carrots

    the carrots look like they can be done with just a piece or two and differences done by applying some randomness to the clone’s size. The peas look like you are going to have to model a number of different peas to get the variation needed though. Depending on whether it’s a still only or if animation you can get a lot of difference in the peas if noises are used in World space so the textures are different depending on where they are but if the peas are animating they move through the noise and that would be a bad thing…

Page 141 of 508

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy