on the trunk of the tree not the ‘leaves’… In testing if you twist polys they show borders with AO – the only way to cure it (I have seen) is to add a SubD surface but that would change the look you have. Seems to be just part of what AO does (how it works) but it’s also true of shadows in lights, you can make the shadows soft enough to eliminate it but they’re so soft it won’t look right – GI is similarly affected. If the look you are going for involves the twisted texture on the trunks I would do the twisting in the material and not in the trunk if you need to use AO.
Your twisting is fairly gentle compared to some of the testing I was doing so maybe you could do it with pure GI (which AO is a faster/less real fake for).