Forum Replies Created

Page 589 of 699
  • Bret Williams

    March 23, 2007 at 6:48 pm in reply to: Question for the Digital Juice fans out there…

    But 29.97? 30fps will have to render. (or insert appropriate HD numbers)

    Bret Williams
    Web Design ?

  • Bret Williams

    March 23, 2007 at 5:44 am in reply to: Question for the Digital Juice fans out there…

    I’ve not had ot render juicer anims either. No big magic.

  • Be wary of it with SafeRT as well. I don’t care what the timeline says about not needing to render things like jpegs, it always does. Render everything. Mix down everything. Output via either print to tape or edit to tape.

  • Bret Williams

    March 23, 2007 at 12:16 am in reply to: Jagged Edges on Scaled Video

    A few things, try setting your motion fx to normal, not best. That has been buggy since version 5 came out. I’ve experience it on an intel with version 5.1.2. I had a graphic that looked sharp as a tack when played back in real time. Rendered it and it went completely blocky.

    It was a combinatin of things. It was in a nest, and either the nested sequence or the regular sequence was set to normal or best or something for the motion render prefs. As I flipped the two between settings, trying all combinations, it would occasionally render correctly (unrendering the rest of my timeline of course) so I’d try to duplicate and the same setting would be blocky the next time. Definitely a legitimate bug.

    But on any moving or scaled graphic I’ve had horrible results when using best ever since ver 5 was released. Blocky issues, screwy field order, etc. Use normal and give it a shot.

    Also check that you’re not rendering at half rez. You used to be able to do that. Not sure if it’s still an option.

  • I haven’t touched SafeRT since it was released. SafeRT is no different from Unlimited RT except unlimited will TRY to play as best it can. Whereas safeRT gives you much less real time than your processor can actually handle. It plays it “safe.”

    Since it’s best to render everything anyway before output, I always work in unlimited.

  • I don’t really see how there can be a faster method than a single click to select a clip with a mouse. Sorry. Not a keyboard purist. I use a keyboard when it’s less clicks/strokes, and a mouse when it’s less clicks or strokes.

  • Bret Williams

    March 22, 2007 at 5:33 am in reply to: Beta SP????

    I agree. What does he think they broadcast on? We didn’t have digital playback, and digibeta is a different beast. It IS a compressed format. “In camera compression” is a bizarre term. Digibeta and Beta can use the same camera. But digibeta is a 2:1 compressed digital format. BetaSP is a component analog format with it’s uniqe signal and noise characteristics based on the head pitch, tape speed, and recording mechanism.

    While we’re at it, it sounds like DV50 is the right choice for this guy. It’s digibeta quality (real close – just a little more than 2:1 compression) and it has the 4.2.2 color space. But it’s less than 1/2 the 8 bit uncompressed file size.

    I miss the days when most systems used 8 bit and had variable compression. Seems everything now is offline or online. But 2:1 or even 5:1 8bit compression can be nearly indistinguishable from uncompressed. It depends on the material. But alas with fast, inexpensive drives and sdi lossless capture of uncompressed material this doesn’t seem to be the norm.

  • Bret Williams

    March 22, 2007 at 5:19 am in reply to: Help me choose my new job title.

    I’ve got it…. “Media Manager!”

  • Bret Williams

    March 22, 2007 at 5:17 am in reply to: Help me choose my new job title.

    Sounds like you need one of those new agey titles… content creator, digital media designer, etc.

  • Bret Williams

    March 20, 2007 at 4:35 am in reply to: render/memory problems on intel mac

    [ronaldo] “got forced into the intel g5 by a”

    Well… there’s your problem right there!

Page 589 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy