Hi –
for Thunderbolt storage, with large disk drive arrays, there are only a couple of companies making them –
8 bay Thunderbolt –
Areca
Maxx Digital
Lacie
Promise
Highpoint
Netstor
16 bay and 24 Bay –
Highpoint
Netstor
Since there are hardly any companies on this list, you could certainly call some of these companies, and see if you can get a human being on the phone from support. That should help you answer your question.
And as you have discovered, there are third party companies out there
(like Midwest Technical – and me !) – that can help you as well.
No one in the planet offers tech support like AJA. I am very sad that Cal Digit has discontinued products like the HDPro 8 bay, and their 24 bay. I guess that they just were not selling enough to keep going with these products. Even if you have working ones, I do not believe that they continue to write driver support for the new Mac operating systems, like Mavericks, so even if there is support, and even if the product is still working, you constantly need updated drivers to keep these products working. Of course, AJA ALWAYS writes updated drivers, even for their old products.
Bob Zelin
ps – I need support from these companies all the time. You think I know all of this stuff ?
Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com