Forum Replies Created

Page 179 of 306
  • Arnie Schlissel

    December 8, 2007 at 10:17 pm in reply to: New AJA Kona LHe card seems DOA

    [walter biscardi] “Did you install the latest drivers off the AJA website or on the CD that came with the board? Be sure you installed the latest drivers off the AJA website.”

    FWIW, I almost never use drivers that ship with a product. I almost always go to the manufactures web site to check for new drivers.

    Why? Well, the product was not boxed up the day that it shipped. It may have been boxed up last year. And even if it was boxed up last week, the CD may be 2 years old.

    And the maker can’t tell which version of Mac OS, Quicktime and FCP you have, so it’s possible that you actually want a driver that’s older than the one that shipped with the product (not likely, maybe, but possible).

    The only exceptions to the above:
    1) Can’t get connected to the internet.
    2) Manufacturer has no website to download drivers from.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    December 7, 2007 at 11:14 pm in reply to: PAL to NTSC converters

    Look into a Teranex Mini.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • [Borjis] “Your right, that worked perfect, thanks Arnie”

    I prefer small, unmarked bills. Anything but US dollars right now! 😉

    The Proc Amp is probably one of the most over looked & least appreciated filters that comes with FCP. I use it all the time in conjunction with the 3-way CC (& Nattress film effects, also) to set the shadows when I start & to legalize the highlights when I’m done.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    December 6, 2007 at 8:07 pm in reply to: SD to HD up-res plugin

    [Wayne Carey] “I’ll agree that Compressor can do some pretty impressive work.”

    Same here. If you start out with good material, and you tweak things properly, you can achieve very satisfactory results. I think it’s really starting to mature.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    December 6, 2007 at 6:46 am in reply to: DVX100b and TOAST titanium

    [solonlquinn] “And if it is just dirty heads, then what I can safely use to clean them?”

    A mini DV cleaning cassette. Follow the instructions on the tape.

    [solonlquinn] “Toast titanium has worked flawlessly for years and now is constantly crashing during the burning process. I also tried to use iDVD and that is crashing now as well”

    Sounds like your DVD burner may be dying. Does it have problems reading disks? What kind of burner is it?

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    December 6, 2007 at 5:29 am in reply to: Playback of un-rendered effects

    I think that’s Command-P. Unfortunately, I’m nowheres near my Mac, so I can’t check it for you.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • You could also lower the highlights with the ProcAmp filter instead of the 3 Way CC. It’s a little simpler, and you won’t have to fiddle with the luma selection.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    December 5, 2007 at 9:41 pm in reply to: Default backround as alpha channel

    Lookup “exporting with alpha channels” in the PDF manual. That will give you the correct answer.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    December 5, 2007 at 9:00 pm in reply to: COLOR and Aja IO HD

    The workaround is to use an AJA Kona card.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    December 5, 2007 at 5:58 pm in reply to: colorista?

    I’d ask Red Giant if you need two licenses.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

Page 179 of 306

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy