Forum Replies Created
-
I must say, Martin is fiendishly clever!
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Arnie Schlissel
October 15, 2008 at 5:30 pm in reply to: color correction help for NFL Highlight tapeThis is done fairly easily in Color. You would use a vignette & a key in the secondaries to do it. You would probably need to keyframe the vignette, but it would be much easier than using the garbage matte in FCP.
You can also use the matte generators in FCP to create a simple soft oval travel matte, and use that instead of the garbage matte.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Thanks to all who replied. I’ve decided to get a copy of Media Composer, instead. You were all very helpful in steering me down a better path.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
[Tom Wolsky] “I’ve never seen a four-pin FW400 to FW800 cable.”
They’re out there:
https://fwdepot.com/thestore/product_info.php/products_id/989
https://www.firewiredirect.com/product/99/
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812339064Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Arnie Schlissel
October 14, 2008 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Considering FC Studio Purchase & Need Some Info[Mark Job] “No, no, this came from this thread and not from any rumour site.”
Egadds! The Cow is now a Mac rumor site!
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Arnie Schlissel
October 14, 2008 at 3:20 pm in reply to: Considering FC Studio Purchase & Need Some Info[Mark Job] “Arnie, have you heard anything about the 4 core Super iMAC computers about to be released ?”
First I’ve heard about them. But I don’t keep track of iMacs, & I don’t look at rumor sites.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
[David Braswell] “The Athlon proc and Matrox video card give me cause for concern.”
Thanks, David. That’s the kind of advice I came here looking for!
[David Braswell] “Besides…. this likely won’t be a system you can grow into current Avid products with.”
Right now, I’m just looking for a cost-effective option to learn on. It’s been 5 or 6 years since I sat in front of an Avid, & I need to come back up to speed to remain competitive here in the NYC market. Yes, I can take a class, but 12 hours of classroom instruction won’t get me as far as 3 or 4 weeks of recutting old projects and experimenting with new ones. And I’d be working on site on clients’ Avids for any upcoming work.
But even a cheap system isn’t worth it if it’s not reliable.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Arnie Schlissel
October 14, 2008 at 3:11 pm in reply to: Considering FC Studio Purchase & Need Some Info[Mark Job] “I may go for a cheaper refurbished unit”
FWIW, I think that Apple’s factory refurbs are a great value. They back them with the same 1 year warranty as the new ones, and give you a pretty good discount at the same time.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
[Christian Vassallo] “the main difference being i changed my reference from Freerun to Video In.”
Before Bob gets around to it, let me suggest that you pick up an AJA Gen10 sync generator. For around $400 US, it will sync PAL, NTSC and HD. Black Magic makes a similar product for $300 US, BTW.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
I’ll agree with Micheal that you really need to ask someone at the sound house.
There are still a lot of places that want tape. there are some places that love DV files, some that hate it. I worked with a mixer in Moscow who wanted everything on PAL DVD+R.
And some places like short handles, some places like long handles. Some places will insist on your breaking it into reels of no more than 20 minutes.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/