Forum Replies Created

Page 165 of 233
  • Alex Udell

    April 15, 2011 at 2:05 pm in reply to: Subscription fees. Seriously???

    RIch…..that’s pretty neat too!

  • Alex Udell

    April 14, 2011 at 9:48 pm in reply to: Subscription fees. Seriously???

    Hi Vince

    I was thinking about how cool it will be in instances where you just need to bring a few extra hands on deck during a project…expand as needed.

    I think it’s a really good move.

    I think I will be doing this for CS5.5…

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    April 14, 2011 at 8:22 pm in reply to: avc Intra to Tiffs

    What about a PNG format?

    That might give you the same clarity with a smaller file size.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    April 14, 2011 at 8:20 pm in reply to: Subscription fees. Seriously???

    Vince?

    So the idea is activate it for a month when needed?

    Alex

  • [Paul Jay] “You can give anyone a guitar. Doesn’t mean music comes out..”

    True.

    But if you’ve ever been in the subway of NYC you’ve likely seen some awesome guitar players who make next no money.

    🙂

  • Alex Udell

    April 6, 2011 at 3:14 pm in reply to: Force object rename in the timeline

    hmmm

    I’ll see if I can duplicate that consistently.

    Don’t think so though.

    thanks….

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    April 6, 2011 at 3:04 pm in reply to: CS5 update to be announced at NAB?

    Who is this Apple company with a presence at NAB?

    Oh you mean the iPad and iPhone guys.

    I had heard of them, I didn’t know they made a video production kit. 😉

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    April 4, 2011 at 3:39 pm in reply to: Bulk Replace Footage

    He Keith,

    1) Are you multi selecting files fore relink?

    2) are you linking to original media or perhaps proxies or transcodes of different names? This probably won’t let you relink multiple (you probably know this)

    3) is this single source media (QT/AVI) or atomized media in a folder structures (like P2)?

    PPro Should find material in the same directory off a multiselect, it won’t find stuff across multiple directories, like multiple P2 Contents Folder sets, for example.

    Alex

  • Nesting is useful where you want to apply an effect as a global, where applying the effect to each seperate element would not work well.

    For example….

    you build a multi-layer result in your edit…

    then you want to Page turn out of that multi layer effect.

    By nesting, the software sees those multi elements as a “single stream” and the page turn can be applied…. applying the page turn to each element with then effect wouldn’t give the same result.

    Yet you can still step into the nest to make content changes, which makes it superior to rendering (pre-baking a file)..

    does that help?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    April 2, 2011 at 10:23 pm in reply to: What codec do I use in windows?

    Avid DXHD was suggested here:

    https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/3/910595

    Alex

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
    Chumney & Assoc. Advertising

Page 165 of 233

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy