Forum Replies Created

Page 153 of 233
  • Alex Udell

    August 24, 2011 at 2:40 pm in reply to: Adding Effects to Multiple Clips

    Add to one.

    then select that clip on the timeline….and choose copy

    then multi select the other clips

    right click on one of the selected memebers and choose “paste attributes”

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 24, 2011 at 2:37 pm in reply to: PrP obervations after an effects heavy project

    So no Mercury version of denoiser then?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 24, 2011 at 2:37 pm in reply to: Preview comparisons “MPEG I Frame & P2”

    Thanks Robert. That’s good info.

    I’m wondering if the Cineform folks are aware of this? Did you report it?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 24, 2011 at 2:02 pm in reply to: FCP to PP switch warning: Extract shortcut

    good of you to point that out.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 24, 2011 at 1:26 pm in reply to: Preview comparisons “MPEG I Frame & P2”

    Hi Jon…

    I’ve been following these discussions with great interest.

    What is the rule on 3rd party codecs as available rendering options?

    DNXHD or Cineform for example?

    Uncompressed is an obvious choice quality wise, BUT by today’s specs doesn’t this still require an array as opposed to to an single media disk.

    Also….a buddy of mine works here: https://www(dot)fusionio(dot)com

    been dying to try one of these!

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 23, 2011 at 1:12 pm in reply to: Multiple Secondary Color Correction Possible?

    Hi Keith…

    I agree that staying in PPro is preferable.

    re: handles and AE,

    it may depend on how you get your material to AE.

    If you use copy and paste between the apps, your pasted clips into an AE timeline will paste at their position in time equal to their position in time to PPro. It also leaves you with access to all the underlying source media from your clip, so you could always trim handles out in AE as necessary to deal with changes in transition.

    YOu could then trim the comp down so that it wasn’t hugely long

    I agree that it does make things difficult if content should change later (slipping frames or replacing shots) as that would have to be handled within AE to be reflected in PPro.

    Alex

  • Hi Tom….

    hmmmmm

    as far as numerics go….you got me…that’s a definite oversight…

    Here’s something you can do though.

    If you have so much track level automation that it’s cumbersome to adjust and select keyframes on that track…

    You can add a submix track to the timeline and in the mixer panel route your audio track to the sumbix track.

    Then on the timeline you can add just a few keyframes to the submix track to offset levels out of the source track automation to get the level you want.

    some other pointers…

    if you are using the pen tool you, can marquee select audio keyframes in the timeline….where as the arrow tool won’t let you do that.

    Also in your audio prefs, you can adjust the Keyframe automation to “minimum time interval thinning” and adjust to your taste. I set mine to about 500. This makes the keyframes created by recorded automation in the mixer fewer, and thus a bit more manageable for editing after the fact.

    Hope that helps….

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 21, 2011 at 3:23 pm in reply to: Offlining MTS files in Premiere pro CS5

    As MTS is like a GOP based format, PPro may not be able to create trimmed copies in project manager.

    So your transcoding to a frame based format DNXHD or Cineform or similar will be what enables that.

  • Alex Udell

    August 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm in reply to: When is a Toggle not a Toggle?

    Hi Todd…

    The only reason I voiced it here was that I was trying to see if anyone else agreed with me or there was just some logic I was missing.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 18, 2011 at 9:17 pm in reply to: Switch to Premiere

    Hi Zach….

    I use both FCP and PPro.

    To me they are very close and the transition will be pretty easy for you.
    There are some nuances to be sure. Some areas where PPro is ahead, some where it has some catching up to do.

    But I think Adobe is listening (you can tell by their participation here) and as Pro products are their mainstay, they are committed to this space.

    I’ll be doing a webinar in October. Side by side of both apps. Contact me if you’re interested. audell999 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

    Alex

Page 153 of 233

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy