Forum Replies Created

Page 154 of 233
  • The reason why it jumps in transitions is because when you add 2 clips to the timeline and add a transition…

    Mercali likely defines it’s analysis of the motion based on the explicitly exposed frames of the clip in the sequence, not the handle frames implicitly exposed in the transition frames.

    So if you nest the individual clip and trim it out in the nest to include the handle frames which will be used in the motion analysis, mercali will smooth the whole event….including the transistion frames.

    Then on the main timeline when you add the transition, you will be adding it to frames that have already been smoothed.

    It does not solve your problem with batching, but it does help you understand the behavior of the plug-in.

    As far as the jumps, I don’t know if it’s a Mercali code issue or a limitation of the PPro API to third party development…..but that’s what’s causing it…and that’s how you get around it…

    hope that helps.

    Alex

  • I’d be pretty impressed if Mercalli could planar track across dissolves of differnt shots…

    Alex

  • Hmmm….

    As Mercalli likely needs to analyze:

    Shot by Shot
    and needs to see handles for analysis prior to adding transitions….

    Normally I tell people to trim out the shots to include the handles
    Nest the shot
    step into the nest
    apply mercalli and analzye
    On the parent timeline, trim back and add transistions.

    this will take care of the transitions, but not the batching….

    I don’t see, short of a 3rd party macro recorder, how you could automate this….

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 5, 2011 at 1:21 pm in reply to: Editing workflow

    interesting….thanks!!

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 4, 2011 at 9:50 pm in reply to: Editing workflow

    woo hoo….

    I don’t know why I thought I had trouble with this…

    maybe an older version…

    thanks!

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 4, 2011 at 6:50 pm in reply to: is there a hotkey: add cut at time marker ?

    Ctrl K

  • Alex Udell

    August 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm in reply to: Editing workflow

    digging this for sure…

    Steve….what’s the average length of sequence you submit….

    do you find yourself breaking projects up into smaller encoding and uploading chunks to make this process speedier?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 4, 2011 at 6:38 pm in reply to: Editing workflow

    Hey Todd….

    If you double click a clip from the timeline to load to SV….

    as usual….I’m not in front of my machine to test this…

    will this let you add clip makers in the SV that show on the clip in the timline?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    August 4, 2011 at 2:03 pm in reply to: Editing workflow

    Steve has it right….

    Makers don’t ripple.

    Alex

  • You can also set keyboard shortcuts for this.

    Shift+Return works well.

    Alex

Page 154 of 233

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy