Forum Replies Created

Page 142 of 233
  • Alex Udell

    December 31, 2011 at 2:15 pm in reply to: Project Manager Relinking Bug

    Hi Oliver….

    I’m not very knowledgeable about the Alexa details….

    Do the file names match between your proxy versions and the Alexa versions?

    If you are working with proxies that are same original lengths as Alexa source, what is the benefit of creating the “trimmed project” as middle step?

    Wouldn’t a straight relink of offline media work to get your conform into place?

    You could then subsequently make a trimmed version after relinking, if you are looking to have a final consolidated version….(and this depends on whether the Alexa media is frame based or GOP based..I’ll assume a media of that high a quality is frame based)….

    I would think anyway…

    What do you think?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    December 31, 2011 at 1:29 pm in reply to: Is it time for Motion 5?

    Thanks Andy.

    That’s sort of what I thought.

    I’m aware of the lack of the “send to motion function.”
    It’s not really a part of our workflow. I use it occasionally.
    If you have both versions of Motion installed, could you send to Motion 3/4. Save the Project file and simply open it in Motion 5?

    We render to Uncompressed or Prores so the codec is not a problem for us.

    I now need to start looking at the OS versions installed on our machines and see about updating to be compatible as well….and how that will affect our existing FCP and our SAN MP licenses.

  • Alex Udell

    December 30, 2011 at 6:40 pm in reply to: Alpha Problems

    How about something other than Matrox code? Quicktime Animation + Alpha?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    December 29, 2011 at 10:53 pm in reply to: Alpha Problems

    If you look in the effects panel…you can sift the listings to show you accelerated or non accelerated versions of fx. I may be wrong about that….As I’m not in front of it, I can’t verify…

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    December 29, 2011 at 9:40 pm in reply to: Alpha Problems

    Is it possible to test it with the non mercury version?

    I’m merely guessing…

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    December 29, 2011 at 8:50 pm in reply to: Alpha Problems

    Mercury enabled Levels control or regular old software one?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    December 29, 2011 at 5:40 pm in reply to: Drop Frame/Non Drop Frame issue

    See this link on Exporting and importing batch lists:

    https://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WSA8BAD51E-D442-4e5f-8BF6-17A2C9CBEAF0a.html

    If you export, modify in excel or silimiar,

    then re-import, that might work….

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    December 29, 2011 at 12:35 pm in reply to: How to make a picture pop out?

    Dwayne,

    I can work with you on this as a consultant if you wish.

    Contact me directly at: audell999(at)yahoo(dot)com

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    December 25, 2011 at 4:25 am in reply to: How to make a picture pop out?

    Your best bet is to export a frame of that still and pull it into Photoshop.

    There you have precise tools to isolate sections of that still and put them on their own layers.

    You can then pull the Photoshop layered still back to PPro and retain the layers.

    then you can use the effects controls to perform scale and position on the isolation layers as needed.

    AE will give even greater control if you have access to it…

    but PPro and Photoshop combo is passable.

    Alex

  • I Don’t know for sure….

    but I’ll guess

    mono as stereo means that they will edit both tracks into a stereo destination track, but be panned discretely left and right

    stereo means they that they will edit both tracks into a stereo destination track, but they will be panned center so all source will be beard from either a left or right speaker.

    I could have it backwards….you’ll have to check…

    Alex

Page 142 of 233

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy