Forum Replies Created

Page 108 of 233
  • Hey Kylee…

    that’s teriffic…

    thanks!!!!

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

  • Alex Udell

    May 24, 2013 at 4:26 pm in reply to: NXCAM AVCHD spanned media and workflows

    Hey Jeff….

    That’s great info….thanks….

    What do you think about Prelude?

    While it’s not necessary to transcode to work in PPro…

    If we shoot material then want to drop it in our library….

    I’d want to be able to end up with a single clip for searching/naming purposes at the OS level.

    Sorry to be a PITA….

    thanks…

  • Alex Udell

    May 24, 2013 at 3:15 pm in reply to: Canon XF-100 ok with PPro on Mac?

    Ok. So Canon says no extended warranty packages.

    That leaves it to a 3rd party.

    Anyone done this?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    May 24, 2013 at 3:03 pm in reply to: Canon XF-100 ok with PPro on Mac?

    Hiya…

    I’ve been tasked to look into this camera.

    Regardless of the reseller, Does Canon offer optional warranty extensions for a camera like this?

    My initial searches seem to indicate that they don’t?

    What do you all see?

    thanks,

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    May 24, 2013 at 1:24 pm in reply to: Canon XF-100 ok with PPro on Mac?

    Thanks Much everbody!!

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    May 21, 2013 at 10:09 am in reply to: To rename or not to rename

    Not a Prelude Expert…

    But based on cursory info….I’d suggest that using Prelude would actually generate a whole new file by way of a transcode, in which case you’d be able to set the file name to whatever you’d want.

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

  • Alex Udell

    May 20, 2013 at 12:43 pm in reply to: To rename or not to rename

    Depends on the source unfortunately.

    In the case of editing material native from P2….you simply can’t because the media is dependent on the file/folder structure.

    In the case of .mov’s or other types of media.

    I use Adobe Bridge a lot to create useful file names, but that append, the original file name:

    like: 2013_Wide Shot_Ext_bldg pan_0x314.mov

    this allows searches at the OS level that mean something and can also help avoid naming collisions and relinking issues.

    hope that helps….

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

  • Alex Udell

    May 15, 2013 at 1:27 pm in reply to: After Effects XML editing….

    [Walter Soyka] “I just opened a Mac-saved AEPX on a PC. It followed the relative paths and everything relinked.

    I also bounce AEPs back and forth from PC to Mac all the time, and having to re-link is extremely rare. I think Ae is a lot more tolerant of cross-platform path formatting than some other Adobe apps (Pr, I’m looking at you). “

    Good to know…thanks Walter!

    [Walter Soyka] “Ok, that’s cool. I’d love to chat with you sometime.”

    Happy to.
    drop me an e-mail: audell999 (at) ya-who

    thanks!

    Alex

  • Are you talking about footage that this still recording?

    Like say a live event or satellite feed?

    Back in the old days the spec was what was called an “Open DML” file.

    Don’t know what the current equivalent is.

    Probably some flavor of MXF which PPro ought to support….

    that’s where I’d start asking questions…

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    April 25, 2013 at 10:08 pm in reply to: Trouble with Project Manager

    Yeah….Tom

    but…even when PM can’t trim the clip…it will COPY it to the new location….

    that’s what strikes me as weird….

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Page 108 of 233

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy