Hey Andy….
We work on a SAN….
Some assets are library oriented and should stay in place in the san and NOT be replicated.
Some assets are created (like title PSD etc) and are specific to a project and thus are generally kept local to the machine the project was originally created on.
I’d like the option to say let’s make a collect, but explude elements I identify (my SAN/library elemets as an example) because when I open the project on the other machine, it will see the path anyway.
But these unique onces I want to include in the collect so that the persoon opening it on the other end will have them.
Also…right now (at least b4 M5) if any item in your media panel is not connected, you can not invoke a collect at all….motion just blinks at you until you reconnect all inlinked assets…
it would be nice if you didn’t have to do that….and it would just collect what Is connected….
Does that help?
thanks…
Alex