Forum Replies Created

Page 126 of 180
  • I’d swear we had a showreel forum, but I can’t find it…

    The reel is pretty good- the only downside I can see is that it focuses on mostly 2.5D – not entirely, but mostly. If you could get more live action or other things, that would certrianly help – becasue much of it has the same look (Same project?).

    That said, again – I think it’s pretty good. You clearly demonstrate that you know how to, arrange a composition, move things around well, and play with timimg – beleive it or no that’s a huge compliment.

    I noticed particleIllusion in there, btw. That’s the program that shares my #1 spot with AE.

    Take it easy,

    Aharon

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • I know you secretly want to be a shock jock, so I expect most of the interview to be bleeped out anyway, but… how long will the interview be available? or is this live?

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • hopefully i can james earl jones to be the voice of me in the next trilogy…

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    February 26, 2006 at 7:00 am in reply to: compositing

    A compositing program is a program that can put many elemsts together in one shot – an example of this would be:

    Footage of an actor in front of a green screen in the USA
    A BG shot in france
    A flock of Computer Generated Birds on a transparent BG.

    A compositing program can put these moving images together in the same way that Photoshop can do it for still images. So you could have the man walking in france, with a flock of birds behind him.

    After Effects (Anothe Adobe Program) is often refered to as the Photoshop of moving images. Anyway, After Effects can do the type of compositing I renders with other footage.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Thanks. I was using partially transparent PSD images. I changed them so that they would be fully opaque, so I’m good for now, but how do I avoid this in the future?

    It was definately the PSD images, because as soon as I removed them the message stopped coing up.

    Thanks.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • thanks. I’m trying…

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    February 26, 2006 at 12:17 am in reply to: broadcast safe problem-

    click on your info pallate a few times, every time you click, it changes the way in which numbers are displayed – it cycles through the different methods of display and eventually it goes back to 0-255. Or you could just click on the flyout menu on the info pallate and reveal the options, and choose the right one (i think it will be deafult method or something like that).

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    February 24, 2006 at 9:18 pm in reply to: Displacement Map in Aharon Rabinowitz Video

    As I say in the tutorial – if you use fractal noise for a displacement map, it MUST be precomposed.

    I have an example of a heat shimmer effect in the files for part 1.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    February 24, 2006 at 9:18 pm in reply to: Displacement Map in Aharon Rabinowitz Video

    As I say in the tutorial – if you use fractal noise for a displacement map, it MUST be precomposed.

    I have an example of a heat shimmer effect in the files for part 1.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    February 24, 2006 at 6:35 pm in reply to: Copying layers from one AI Doc to Another

    [calamitychaos] ” Drag this into your target doc”

    Drag what? Everything I drag – radio button or layer 1 – doesn’t allw me to take it out of the current document

    [calamitychaos] “the cursor should be a triangle shape rather than an arrow shape.”

    I get the hand that’s a fist.

    As I write this, I think I figured it out. You vae to enable an option in the layer pallete’s fly-out menu called “Paste Remembered layers.” Once that’s checked off, if I follow your isntructions for placing the layers as subkayers of Layer 1, then it works if I select layer 1, hit Copy, and then go into the other doc and hit paste.

    But there has to be an easier way (or I think there has to be one, anyway).

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Page 126 of 180

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy