Aharon Rabinowitz
Forum Replies Created
-
Not strictly too. I’ve been using both programs for years and this never works perfectly. There are no Maya units equivilent to AE uinits so you always have to do some guess work, and not perfect.
I’ve never heard of this plugin before today, but for $20, I think I’ll probably just buy it the next time I have to do this sort of thing.
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
I like this a lot. Looks cool.
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
If you want both the particle transparency and the BG transparency, the only way I can think to do this requires that you have a compositing program like After Effects, or an NLE like Vegas, premiere or final cut.
Render just your particles, bring the footage into your compositing app/NLE, composite you BG and particles, and render with Alpha.
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
[Jon Okerstrom] “How close wondertouch is to an AE plugin?”
Only Wondertouch can tell you. I’ve literally no idea.
[Jon Okerstrom] “How well the PI presets work within Motion’s particle system?”
Not at all. there are emitters based on pIllusion emitters available from wondertouch designed speciffically for Motion, but they are utilizing Motion’s particle system, not pIllusion.
pIllusion libraries will not work with motion.
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
This gets asked a lot in the AE forum.
If you want a 3D particle system that works directly within AE, but that has very few available preset efffects then particular is for you.
If you want a 2D particle system not inside AE (but that works pretty well with it) that can *often* but not always fake 3D, works very quickly, and that has a whopping 1400 preset Effects, then particleIllusion is your tool of choice.
If you have the money for both, I’d suggest you buy both. Each has strengths and weaknesses. There’s no right answer.
I’ve found that pIllusion and AE couild be made to work very well together, BTW. You just need to know how to do that. It;s all about workflow.
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Craig, make sure your composition is using the Advanced 3D plugin. Layers cannot interact (that is, intersect) if it is set to standard 3D. It should not be set to Standard 3D by defualt, but in case it is…
Go to Composition > COmposition settings > Advanced Tab. For the 3D rendering plugin, from the pulldown, choose Advanced 3D.
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Aharon Rabinowitz
June 4, 2006 at 2:01 am in reply to: COW Tutorials: After Effects Horror Text on the Wall – Part 2I think I’ll follow the lucas formula and wait a few decades and make a prequel to the originals. Until then…
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Aharon Rabinowitz
June 1, 2006 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Please welcome Mylenium to the AE COW leadership lineupWelcome aboard!
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Aharon Rabinowitz
June 1, 2006 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Please welcome Mylenium to the AE COW leadership lineupWelcome aboard!
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Good luck with everything!
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com