Forum Replies Created

Page 102 of 180
  • Select the one you originally duplicated and hit CTRL+D

    So you hit CTRL+D

    Try to trender but it fails

    Instead of clicking the failed render and duplicating, go back to the first one.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    June 29, 2006 at 7:36 pm in reply to: Rounded waveform?

    For some reason I didn’t get emailed from the responses.

    As a matter of fact, after a sleepless night, I figured it out. Like you suggested, It does involve wave warp and a stroke or line, and my client thinks it looks good with just standard AE audio Keyframes.

    I got to thinking in terms of that because a few years ago I saw an animation that looked like a 3D ribbon, but all they did was use some warping effects (Bulge) to pinch the ribbon so it looked like it was moving further away and closer, and therefore around an object. Not a very involved effect (and not the one people always ask about around here) but was effective. it got me thinking that if you could fake the “3D” there had to be an easy way to fake the 2D change of direction, and sure enough, the wave warp was the way to go. Just animate the height based on sound.

    After I figured it out I saw all of these suggestions. So thanks!

    I’ll be making this into a tutorial, i think.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    June 29, 2006 at 7:36 pm in reply to: Rounded waveform?

    For some reason I didn’t get emailed from the responses.

    As a matter of fact, after a sleepless night, I figured it out. Like you suggested, It does involve wave warp and a stroke or line, and my client thinks it looks good with just standard AE audio Keyframes.

    I got to thinking in terms of that because a few years ago I saw an animation that looked like a 3D ribbon, but all they did was use some warping effects (Bulge) to pinch the ribbon so it looked like it was moving further away and closer, and therefore around an object. Not a very involved effect (and not the one people always ask about around here) but was effective. it got me thinking that if you could fake the “3D” there had to be an easy way to fake the 2D change of direction, and sure enough, the wave warp was the way to go. Just animate the height based on sound.

    After I figured it out I saw all of these suggestions. So thanks!

    I’ll be making this into a tutorial, i think.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Well, if you’ve rendered uncompressed and then found an error, you can just re-render the part containing your fix, and then combine them again in AE as quicktime clips. In other words set them up as layers on the timeline and line up the fix over the right time.

    This will render much faster then re-rendering the whole project.

    If the audio is the same, turn off the audio for the fixed layer. If you’ve also corrected the audio, render out a seperate audio file and add that to the comp as well.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    June 29, 2006 at 1:19 am in reply to: Blood effect

    Don’t erase is a feature you will find in the Project settings. It tells pIllusion not to erase particles after they are created, so you get paint streaks drawn by the particles.

    Probably not what you need.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • save it as an aep, and then import it to any project – it will come in as a folder containing the 3D comp. If you want it in the comp for reference, drop it into your comp, and make sure to turn on Collapse Tranformations – it;s the layer button/switch that looks like a sun.

    The bird tutorial (part 1, I think) explains how this works.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • It’s just a visualization.

    I created 3 solids, and applied the effect called Generate > Grid

    Then I rotated them in 3D space to look like that.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    June 26, 2006 at 3:14 am in reply to: Can’t import shape

    You should contact support@wondertouch.com

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    June 25, 2006 at 2:09 pm in reply to: Explosion

    Yes and no.

    You can have it break into small particles by following this tutorial:

    https://www.shockingtales.com/illusion/tuts/changeText.html

    or:

    https://www.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=23&page=/articles/deane_elvis/disintegratePeople/index.html

    That effect relies on the get color from layer property in pIllusion’s emitter properties. Now, there is also an emiter for creating breaking glass:

    https://www.wondertouch.com/downloads/new_libs/emitters_03_08_il3.zip
    The thing is that it creates large particles, and if you use it with Get Color from layer, it won’t really seem like it’s breaking up, becasue the pieces will each be one color.

    If your logo or image is only one color, you may have some luck, but if not, you may want to combine the glass shards with smaller particles to create the effect.

    The most effectivew solution would be to use either After Effects SHatter Effect (Which is designed to do this), or a 3D program that can shatter geometry.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    June 25, 2006 at 2:00 pm in reply to: Blood effect

    you can, more or less:

    got to this website, where Kim Cuttle has an emitter library index. Just search the Excel file for the info:

    https://www.poodog.com/emitters.htm

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Page 102 of 180

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy