Timing. Stop worrying about time and focus on doing your best work instead.
Timing is excited to unveil the 2023.5 update, which introduces a vertical variant of the timeline. If you’re curious about the benefits, here’s what to expect:
- All-new design: More compact and easier to read.
- Richer details: Enhanced view of calendar events and phone calls.
- Highlights: Quickly understand the primary activity in each time block.
- Auto-zoom: Focuses on your working hours, but with full flexibility to view your entire day.
- Space efficiency: A smarter use of your screen real estate.
- Flexibility: Easily switch back to the horizontal timeline whenever you want.
Additionally, the update brings:
- Added a mechanism for the Timing Tracker app to relaunch automatically in case of a crash. This should help avoid rare but sometimes unavoidable situations where the tracker app would stop tracking without you noticing. While we strive to avoid crashes as much as possible, there are occasions where a crash can not be prevented (e.g. when it occurs in operating-system code). In those cases, the tracker app will now automatically relaunch itself, so you can continue tracking without interruption.
- When you collapse or expand projects on the “Stats” screen, the pie chart next to the project list would automatically update to reflect the non-collapsed projects. Now, the “Time per project, per day” chart in the top right of that screen will also update accordingly.
- When clicking and dragging on the timeline, keeping the Shift key pressed will now snap the selection to time entries only, without snapping to app usage.
- Timing now better records the title of notes in the Notes app that e.g. have been opened in a separate window.
From the Blog: Setting Work Boundaries for Enhanced Job Satisfaction
Establishing work boundaries is more than just drawing a line between professional and personal lives; it’s about ensuring mental well-being, productivity, and overall job satisfaction. These boundaries help prevent burnout, foster positive work relationships, and contribute to a more balanced life.
Our latest article dives into the intricacies of work boundaries, explaining their significance and the various forms they take — time, mental, emotional, and physical. It emphasizes the importance of setting and respecting boundaries to maintain a healthy work environment. Also, the article provides a 7-step guide to assist in implementing and maintaining effective boundaries in your professional life.
This post is crucial for anyone looking to enhance their work-life balance and create a more positive, productive work environment. It’s particularly timely in today’s work culture, where remote work blurs the lines between professional and personal time.
Thank you for choosing Timing! As always, please reach out if you have any questions or feedback.
Enjoying the news? Sign up for the Creative COW Newsletter!
Sign up for the Creative COW newsletter and get weekly updates on industry news, forum highlights, jobs, inspirational tutorials, tips, burning questions, and more! Receive bulletins from the largest, longest-running community dedicated to supporting professionals working in film, video, and audio.
Enter your email address, and your first and last name below!